1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selecting Ext1 from handset

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Neil Watson, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Neil Watson

Neil Watson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Parents recently upgraded their TV to a 28PW6515c from a TV that had no AV inputs and hence they were set up to use channel 9 for viewing Sky through RF lead. Now that sky is being input on the Ext1 is there any way of selecting this on the remote? I did have the sky remote set up to control the Phillips 6515c TV but everytime you select TVGuide etc it changes from EXT1 to channel 9. Reading the Panasonic Sky digibox manual (shock horror) I can change the channel used to view Sky (select and green button then channel number) but it wants a numbered channel rather than the Ext1 output and you can't assign a program number to the External inputs.

Spent ages on the phone to Sky Tech dept. Their answer is. Nah - dunno how to do that, you'll have to use two remotes. My reply was "you mean everytime it changes, set it back to Ext1 by using the TV remote!!!), Their reply - Yeah. How crap is that for an answer !!!

In the end I set the sky remote to think its controling another brand of TV so that it tries to change to channel 9 but fails and hence just brings up the TV-Guide staying on the currently selected Ext1 channel.

Surely there must be a few thousand people (at least!) watching Sky on an AV-input and hence surely they should be a way to set this on the remote and still be able to control your TV as well?

Any ideas from the techies out there???

Regards<br />Neil

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    What you need to do is clear the memory from the remote altogether. Then start again by using a new philips code, which will, by default select ext1 when pressing 'sky', 'tv guide', etc.

Check here for help on clearing the remote and seting up: <a href="http://www.sathelp.co.uk" target="_blank">www.sathelp.co.uk</a>

3. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Correct.

4. celticprince

celticprince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem recently. All I did was go through the procedure as you described, but don't input a channel number, just press select. This stops the tv trying to change channel, leaving it on EXT1, controlled by the scart. Works for me.