Selecting AV input with Harmony One and Panasonic plasma

chrissav

Established Member
Reaction score
When using a Harmony One in conjunction with a Panasonic TX-P42G10 plasma, can it select a specific AV input as part of an activity? I think this might need a "discrete" code for the specific AV input.

I don't have the Harmony yet, just checking that it will do what I want it to.

Chris

The automatic startup procedure of a Harmony Activity includes powering on its devices and making any input settings that they require.

I understand that, but where there is a list of AV inputs and you don't know which one is currently selected, can it always select a specific one, ie the third one down bearing in mind that the currently selected one may not always be a known one?

I can envisage how this could only be done if there is a discreet code for each av input since playing with the standard panasonic remote I can only select av inputs by arrow'ing up and down.

Chris

Harmonys have a choice of four separate methods of setting inputs.
The first is the cycling method that you currently use, and it tracks the position in the list.
For many devices the second method is available, that has separate commands for each setting.
It is easy to find which of the four methods works best for any particular device.

That's OK, and I've checked that your TV IS one of those that has separate input commands in the database.
Also it has the special setting that Panas need for a duration on their power commands.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom