Select TV Set Top Box does everything

MarkE19

Looks interesting but.......

Price? Many complain about the NVidia Shield's price and I can't see a full blown Windows 10 box being that cheap, but probably a fair bit more expensive.
Will it end up in the UK, and if it does will it be at a reasonable monthly cost and still offer the same number of TV programmes, films etc.

So one to watch, but I wont hold my breath that it delivers all that it promises.

Mark.

MarkE19

That interface is a blatant Sky+ HD rip off.
Really? Blue background and the options highlighted in yellow is similar, but not a direct rip off IMO.
upload_2016-1-5_22-1-47.png

vs
upload_2016-1-5_22-2-21.png

Mark.

adeyman

Standard Member
I feel like I've seen these kind of products marketed before, and they never seem to actually deliver all that they advertise. Services are flaky, promised content providers never arrive etc. Things have moved on in recent years I guess, but if they say things like 'HBO Go coming second half of 2016' I think I would avoid being an early adopter.

tredman

Distinguished Member
Unless its cheap I'm not sure really what it offers? I assume the apps are just Win10 apps (generally very good) and a media centre with PVR functionality. You could do all this now with MediaPortal or Kodi - it would probably look a lot better too.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom