1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mintminty59, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mintminty59

mintminty59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello people maybe someone with a technical mind can help me here.

I have 4x 150 , and 4x 195 and 2x190 projectors in my storage unit.

Basically they all seem to have exactly the same fault a PSU issue. I have been told that its a common fault for a Cap to go dry / open circuit / or short circuit causing the PSU fuses to blow. Thing is I havent got a clue where to start looking for which ones. Are we talking the Smothing caps or another cap somewhere in the PSU. I am trying to save myself a bit of time than having to take them all out and test each one on its own.
    I am hoping chris has come across this problem many times already :).
    Also I was wondering is there a nack to setting these up. I have a 195 Digital HP super high brightness one i am going to use as a home cinema unit. And i feel setting it up is going to be a nightmare.

If anyone is intrested before I do , after I have repaired and serviced some of them I will be selling them on E-bay but I would prefer it if it went to someone on here who knows a good deal about them and would enjoy it far more than a novice on e-bay who will take years to get it going to its potential. Please send me a mail to supermexxx@hotmail.com.
    I will also be strippin one or 2 of them down for spares if someone has a seleco that needs a few bits and bobs. They are a real stirdy tidy projector I find. Thanks again all its been a really usefull site.

Kind regards
    David Hill
    :lease:

2. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Mod Comment:

Please could you stick them on the classifieds if you want to sell them. We will not support trading by e-mail whatsoever. Thanks

3. mintminty59

mintminty59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry needed some help with a PSU problem aswell