• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Seleco SVT180

sraper

I have just discovered a Seleco SVT180, gathering dust in a cupboard where I work. I have no idea of its condition.

Does anyone know much about these projectors? What is its max resolution when connected to a PC? I assume that its tubes are 4:3 and not 16:9. I am wondering if it worth my asking if I can take it home! Though not sure if the wife will like it fixed to the ceiling of our living room!!!

Chris Frost

SVT180 is a video only projector. It's based on the SVT150 - so it is the same set-up procedure as a 150 - but it uses the brighter Sony tubes instead of the Toshiba ones fitted to the 150.

There is a 9 pin D socket marked Analogue/TTL but you're only going to be able to feed in RGB from a Skybox or a DVD player with a modified cable. It's simpler to go into the SCART socket instead.

This projector design predates 16:9, so you should set your sources to 4:3 Letterbox to watch anything widescreen.

If its free then definately get hold of the projector and have a play. Its a great way to learn convergence.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom