1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco SVT180

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sraper, Sep 28, 2005.

1. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    I have just discovered a Seleco SVT180, gathering dust in a cupboard where I work. I have no idea of its condition.

Does anyone know much about these projectors? What is its max resolution when connected to a PC? I assume that its tubes are 4:3 and not 16:9. I am wondering if it worth my asking if I can take it home! Though not sure if the wife will like it fixed to the ceiling of our living room!!!

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    SVT180 is a video only projector. It's based on the SVT150 - so it is the same set-up procedure as a 150 - but it uses the brighter Sony tubes instead of the Toshiba ones fitted to the 150.

There is a 9 pin D socket marked Analogue/TTL but you're only going to be able to feed in RGB from a Skybox or a DVD player with a modified cable. It's simpler to go into the SCART socket instead.

This projector design predates 16:9, so you should set your sources to 4:3 Letterbox to watch anything widescreen.

If its free then definately get hold of the projector and have a play. Its a great way to learn convergence.

Regards