1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco SVT150

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by SloppyJoe, Jan 8, 2003.

1. SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, Im fairly new to this so I apologise in advance for my ignorance.
    I have recently been donated a second-hand Seleco SVT150 projector from my local landlord (very generous of him). The problem is I have no idea of how to go about adjusting it/controlling it. I own an LCD projector at the moment which is nice and easy to use, but know that some expert knowledge of CRT's may be required here. I'm really looking at the machine to learn from rather than use at the moment (it's too big to fit anywhere in my house), but cannot find any mention of manuals either to read or buy on the net. I've powered it up and it gives me a nice picture from about 6 feet away through one of it's scart sockets. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I might find any information which would help me out.
    I'd appreciate any input.
    Cheers.

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    OWL Video should be able to help you on this one, as they distribute the Seleco projectors. Chris Frost may see this post and give you a hand also, he used to work for OWL.

Try www.owlvideo.co.uk

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    or try the seleco/sim2 website www.sim2.it You may be able to get a manual emailed to you.

General tale of caution: I'm sure your landlord friend is kosher, but it is useful to know that most CRT projectors in Scotland are on rental. Pubs don't usually buy, though there are the odd exceptions, so the projector is rarely the landlords to sell.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that this is the situation in your case.

Good luck

4. SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Chris, I've tried the site but am getting some errors - I'll try later. The landlord didn't accept any money for the projector, rather a donation to charity, but I'll ask him about the rental side of it, I wouldn't want to fall foul of the law.

Cheers
    Sloppy

5. stevenstead

stevenstead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also cant find any information regarding the SVT150. Did anybody find any information regarding its setup/usage? Thanks.

6. scottdot71

scottdot71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am a little surprised owl video havent been able to help.
    i have spent the last ten years installing and maintaining these seleco (110, 150m/q, 180, 190, 350 , 400etc) in the liesure trade, so if anyone has any questions about setting them up, i could help.
    regards
    scott

7. SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Owl can send you a photo copied manual for about £20, I spoke to there technical dept.

:)

8. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I have this picture of you using this in the garden and I can't sleep.

9. mintminty59

mintminty59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey scottdot i was wondering would you be able to contact me with regards to the selco KIT. I have 11 units in totall in my workshop SVt-150 and SVT-195.
    I have PSU faults on a couple of them (been told common fault) and they need setting up with regards to pic adjustement. Only problem I have is I aint got a clue how to start doing it. where are the options to begin the adjustments. If you know where i can get a service manual with schematics that would be ideal as I can repair all these units taking up massive amounts of space then place a ad somewhere and see who is intrested in buying one. Anyhelp u could shine on this matter would be a huge help to me. Thank you very much for your time.
    Regards
    David

10. scottdot71

scottdot71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you press 0 twice on your remote and switch on the bottom switch on the convergence controls, you will have a cross hatch test pattern displayed.
    OWL video should be able to supply you with a manual, these used to come with the schenatics, but i do not know if they still would.
    The set-up is in the manuals.
    Owl should also be able to repair them or put you in contact with someone who can.
    i may also be able to put you on to someone for repairs if you tell me where you are in the U.K.
    scott

11. jshafi

jshafi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Scottdot,

I see you are in the Northwest, where abouts?
    I also have a SVT150 that I picked up and want to install in our garage for the kids. I do not have a remote control for it and do not have a clue where to begin.

It works but the picture is small and needs an expert to set up, would you be interested?

Regards

12. scottdot71

scottdot71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

i am based in bolton, and operate all over the northwest, so travelling isn't an issue.
    give me a call on 07976829602 and we can discuss.
    or mcqueenav@gmail.com

cheers
    scott