1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco SVT150

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by atrade, Jan 11, 2005.

1. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all! Brand new to this forum but not a complete projector newbie!

I have always owned LCD projectors but lack of funds in the past caused me to sell :(

I am now back on my feet and have three CRT projectors, the one that I want to get up and running is the Seleco 150.

Few questions!

I cannot drill the ceiling, its decorative and doesnt have any joists near where I need the PJ, anyone had any other solutions to this problem other than running the PJ on a desk?

I am also after a manual for the seleco if anyone has one, once I have mounted the PJ how hard is it to calibrate it?

And how do I work out how far back I can place the projector? I want it against the far wall in my living room but I dont know if that will make the picture too big, anyone any suggestions?

Thanks for you help!

I also have a Thompson CRT Projector that was working fine until the power supply burnt out, and also a synelec PJ that does work but has no remote, if anyone is interested in either of them then please get in touch!

2. myyamada11

myyamada11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apart from permanent ceiling mount the best bet is to find an enclosure(allow for air circulation) big enough and make it mobile on castors. moving the projector around will require exact calibration of the convergence in the first instance in relation to screen area and projection angle,and then placing projector at the exact location when in use(angle and distance). The base lenght of the required screen size times 1.5 is approximate distance between proj and screen.

3. myyamada11

myyamada11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ps calibration is an art that you will perfect with practice. The grid function will assist in this and if i remember correctly use the green as base colour.Takes half a day to get it perfect less depending on how critical your eyesight is.

4. fortean

fortean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    My projector hangs from long threaded studs through the bedroom floor and ceiling. I got a local company to weld a washer to each stud and used a spade bit to take about 2mm out of the bedroom floor so the washers were flush with the surface. Making sure the holes in the floor and ceiling were aligned was difficult. The mounting plate is up against the ceiling but for a decorative ceiling you could use more washers or other spacer to keep the plate off the ceiling surface.

5. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the replys, I can see this is going to turn out to be a mammoth project! But one I think will be worthwile

I am still desperate for a manual for the 150 if anyone can help me out, I noticed a link on a nother thread but it is dead now :(

Also I can't seem to switch the PJ to scart, maybe I neeed the remote to do this? Anyone any ideas?