Seleco SVT150 - Jumps to standby

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by yellowhat, May 16, 2005.

1. yellowhat

yellowhat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone provide a solution? I've got a Seleco SVT-150 which cuts out to standby mode shortly after turning the machine on. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

2. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a thought, the SVT-150 needs the power button to be held in for a few seconds before it actually turns the unit on.

Give that a try

3. yellowhat

yellowhat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the suggestion. I've given it a try but found through trial and error that the unit will work if I quickly press and release the power button. It might take a few attempts to get it going but it eventually gets there.

4. berti

berti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a svt 180, there is a pc card on the bottom inside ( if you look in direction of the screen, its on the right hand) , on this card are 4 trimmers...the trimmer which is closest to the back of the projector might have something to do with this. I dont know the exact. function of the trimmer but it causes the same problem as you discribed, i turned it in the middel before some weeks just to see what`s happening and the projector went to standby, when i pushed power off and on ...projector alway went in standby, after this i turned the trimmer full to the left and it was ok

might not help but ....
    greeting
    martin

If you know something about these projectors i could need your help. I have a red ,green and blue line on the top and on the left side which are blinking (tubes are in good condition)....seems to be an electr. problem, i have no idea how to fix it, i tried to darken the left on top of the screen by moving the black stripe but the colored lines moved also ( they look linke lines from the convergense cross-screen...but they are alway on the screen also when signals are on..for example TV)

another problem is that i dont get the rgb 4 BNC input to work (any idea where to buy a cheap 3rgb+1csync cabel ?) and i dont know what exactly the fast blanking bnc is used for and if its really nes.

i will be glad if you can help me

5. gazzzman

gazzzman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all!
    new to the forum but I have been working with seleco since 1990
    PLEASE DO NOT!! ADJUST THOSE 4 PRESETS!!!
    they are the setup for hoz and vert sensing for protection!
    if you have (for example) a frame output fault if you alter the frame (vert) sensing pot you could get the projector to come on with a frame fault with catastrauphic consequences for the tubes!! it only takes seconds... believe me!

as to the 180 lines at the top of the picture.. this is a "feature" ;-)
    it is the point at witch the beam current is sensed for the automatic
    greyscale adjustment normally it is possible to hide this just off screen ;-)
    as to the rgb cable.. it is a lot simpler to get a scart to db9 lead fast blanking being in this case composite sync ;-)
    hope this helps and if you need any help with 150s 180s 190s 195s 320s 350s
    or 400s give me a shout!
    the faulty 150.. if you know a reasonable amount about electronics I can probably talk you through faultfinding..
    if not DO NOT FIDDLE!! it can cost more than the original fault!
    if you get really stuck I could recommend someone or if you are local may be able to help myself but I must repeat dont twiddle!
    cheerz gazzzman