Seleco SVT150 - failing output

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by aledh, Jul 21, 2005.

1. aledh

aledh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a SVT150 that is mounted in a pub (and has been for a number of years), however over the last 2-3 months the picture has got increasingly darker and it's now got to the point where it is barely visible (contrast & brightness are at max). Convergance has gone extremely bad also.
    I was wondering if this means that the tubes have burnt out and therefore the unit has had its day, or would it perhaps be a PSU problem that might be repairable? It does seem odd to me that it went so rapidly into decline which makes me think that it may not be the tubes.
    Any advice would be welcome!

cheers,
    aled.

2. gazzzman

gazzzman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there!
    if it was that rapid it is not the tubes! :thumbsup:
    it isnt the power supply either! :thumbsup:
    did you say the convergence has drifted? how is the focus?
    pm me I can probably help! :clap:
    DO NOT be tempted by a cheap single lense in a pub trust me.. you would be VERY sorry!! :mad:
    gazzzman

3. thegrouse136

thegrouse136

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ialso have a seleco svt150 in my pub for the last 10 years it has been brilliant
    in the last 2months.the picture as become dark and slightly out of focus.i am to are seeking advice if anybody can help?:lease:

4. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    The SVT range at 10 years old is really at is life expectancy (to be brutal)

I would suggest an upgrade to a 350 or above,

As you alreasy have a seleco you know the gret benefit above digitals in pubs.......

You dont have to spend £400 every 3 months on a lamp, and the smoke does not kill a PJ every 18 months.......

Stick with CRT but I would suggest an upgrade....

Seleco 350 or above....

WELCOME to the CRT forum :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5. Pogmo

Pogmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a a Selco SVT150 in work which im trying to fix. The RGB is totally out of sync and ive tryed everything to try and realign it to no avail any tips would be welcome and I know top tip is to scrap it but that aint an option at this time.