Seleco SVT-195 run at twice line rate?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by analogman, Jun 29, 2004.

1. analogman

analogman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Seleco SVT-195 which has very few hours on the clock. Does anyone know if it will modify to run at twice line rate together with a doubler like the i-scan pro to fill in the blanks?

I ask because when 16:9 came out everyone told me you couldn't use it for that, but in fact it is simple to go into the service menu and drop the vertical phase to contract the vertical scan size to get a perfect 16:9 format picture.

So perhaps there is life in the old dog yet, does anyone know? Thanks.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    No you can't. Also from memory the SVT195 had a 16:9 aspect button...at least the one I had did. It might be that they did digital and analogue convergence models and mine was digital though.

gordon

3. analogman

analogman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gordon,

Thanks for the info. Mine must be one the first editions as it has no 16:9 button, nor any mention of 16:9, but is the digital convergence version. i.e. set up geometry with second remote rather than pots on the back.

Somewhere I have seen specifications published which showed the range of the timebase. I am quite happy to get in there and hardware modify as neccessary.