1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco SVT-150uk not working

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by itchyhead, Jul 21, 2005.

1. itchyhead

itchyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I found one of these outside Madamme Tussauds in london. Something must be wrong with it , however, this company throws out lot of just a bit broken stuff. I switched it on with aerial in. From headphones out I got sound of TV. Inside I cleaned a lot of dust and spider webs, in fact it looks like more than 10years old judging from the circuit boards.
    At the begining of each of the three "bulb lamps" (where the little circuit board is) I can see that the bulbs are getting some electric feed (they shine a bit orange similair to a lamp on a vintage guitar amp).The problem is, however, no light at all comes out of any of the bulbs. I tried switching the test pattern on, switching the hree RGB switches and adjusting the size of the picture but nothing changed. Also, the fan on top doesnt work.
    From what I understand, the bulbs can be burned, but all three? More likely I think, some contacts have broken and need to be resoldered. I can solder it but what?where?

Thnak you!!

petr :hiya:

2. gazzzman

gazzzman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there!
    the secondary power supply has failed!
    well almost certainly anyhow
    when you switch on the test pattern does the lights above the convergence board come on?
    if not the secondary psu is at fault..
    how much do you know about switch mode power supplies?
    if not much you should get someone else to repair it..
    it is not a major problem but unless you know what you are doing you could cause a lot of damage and possibl get yourself hurt!!
    pm me if you need any info
    gazzzman

3. itchyhead

itchyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi :clap: gazzman :clap: ,
    thanks for the reply.
    i am now going to the festival, will be back in a week. sad that i cant project, glad i can fix it.
    what do you mean by convergerence board?
    where is the secondary powersupply located?

thanks!!!!