1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco SVT 150 tuning Probs

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Trent, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Trent

Trent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SVT 150 projector isn't storing programs well at least i don't think it is. i don't have a remote for it so i tried using the memory button on the back. i presume that the process is tune to correct channel on prog 1 then press the memory button. turn over the channel and back again and the program isnt there. having read the instructions it only refers to the 2 buttons on the remote which isnt helpful when you don't have one. Is this normal or have i done something wrong.....?

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Trent, extract from the Seleco 150 manual...

"4.2 CHANNEL SELECTION AND MEMORIZATION

The selection and subsequent memorization can be made only from the remote control"

You definately need a remote if you want to store the TV channels.

The info where to find Seleco remotes has been posted in this forum in the recent past. Use the search feature to find the info. :)

Come back to me if you are still struggling, I can supply a remote to you for £30 inc P&P.

Regards

3. Trent

Trent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah good. then i'm not going mad. I didnt see that bit in the instructions but then i was speed reading them to get to the bit i needed. As for the remote thats a pretty good price but alas I'm at the hands of the Company i was subcontracted to to sort that one out. Although i will pass it on as i believe they were having problems with the main import company who i cannot remember the name of. :smashin: But why then does it have a (M) button on the back of it?

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    'M' on the back could be the button to short cut directly to the memorized channels. :)

Whats this about import companies? Is the projector somewhere outside the UK, or has it been imported :)eek: ) because of the dire shortage of s/h CRT in the UK? ;)

Regards

5. Trent

Trent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Na its an MOD one. we took the original one down and put one up which wouldnt store memories(a pattern emerges) so we got another and put it up. Now i realise the second one might not have a problem at all. We thought it was the memory problem because the back panel was stoved in but the tubes were all ok. set up nicely if a little not bright. but then being used to the likes of sanyo's and barco's of the current ilk then i suppose anything would. Are parts sort after from these what do they fetch and if i got hold of them would anybody be interested?

6. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    there's a few folk on here with 150s. They're a good, solid, workhorse design that just keep on going. I was going to write that they're bullet proof, but I didn't want you to take me literally since your 150s are installed in an MOD site :rotfl:

Breaking for spares isn't going to make you rich though, I'm afraid. s/h 150s change hands for just a couple of hundred quid, sometimes less.

Regards

7. Trent

Trent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I certainly wouldnt expect it to make me rich but if the parts are helpful to people then I'll certainly see if i can get the bits out of them.

8. gazzzman

gazzzman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) hi all!
    just so you know!
    the m button is to store the customer settings ie brightness contrast ect
    not the channels!
    bit of a pain really as on some you can store the customer settings from the handset aswell (but not all :) )
    notice there seems to be a few handsets on ebay btw :)
    cheerz
    gazzzman