Seleco SVT-150 - problem with standby

kamilmaj94

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm complete newbie in CRT projectors.
I woudn't mind registering here, searching all that stuff etc if not that ocasion:
http://olx.pl/oferta/projektor-video-aktualne-CID99-IDeZ7LB.html#86425c9349

I've seen few materials on youtube about Barco projectors some time ago, and their "fanclub", and back then i could just imagine how cool it could be to own one of such things.
And voila, i got one similiar thing completely for free.
I had no guarantee that this will work, basically. I took it, came back to my home and plug PS1 via SCART... and nothing.
Just 3 leds were turned on.

So i started to tinker around. I took off the cover and found out that REX Elettronica RVT 150 -is in fact- Seleco SVT 150.
A bit of google and i found this nice site:
Adrian-Kingston.com - Seleco SVT-180 Projector
Explaining parameters and how to set up a bit newer model, but [i guess?] almost same.
It wasn't enough because i didn't know how to turn this thing on.
I found manual for my exact model here: Seleco Tips and Manuals

Quickly found that 3 leds means that my projector is actually in standby state. It also means that i need to have remote to get it working.
Sadly, there was no tv shop around [in my whole country!] which could have such remote.
I decided to buy today two universal ones. Both programmable [or at least, they contain actual codes, not sure if they can "learn" new ones]:
- URC-22B-PR UNIVERSAL FERNBEDIENUNG [catchy name huh?]
- UET RM-788 UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL

Both of them have in base codes for Seleco and Seleco-based TVs and VCRs.
I started do experiment and use one by one, then "shoot" my projector with them. I found few working oneswith both remotes.
They work very weird, I'm pressing one of the digits for switching the channels and my projector is reacting to this but just for a second, and immediately turns itself again to standby.
If i make to many tries i will "block" the unit, and i won't be able to do anything, so i have to turn it off and on again by main power switch.
Also, in manual there is a chapter "SWITCH ON". There is a note which says that if i press the power switch instantly, the projector will go to standby state, but if i turn it on holding it with a few seconds, it will go to "P 1" or any memorized channel before.
Sadly it is not reacting on holding the power switch too.

I'm completely lost. Looks like a fairly simple problem to solve/repair, but i don't want to crash it.
My knowledge with CRTs isn't great. I've once tried to move the picutre in and old Sony Trinitron.
I crashed the whole geometry, and at the end i've found where was the place that was holding the image in proper horizontal position... but it was to late.
Now, learning on my own past mistakes I decided that i won't turn random potentiometers and check what will happen :D.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom