1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco SVT-150 G2 Adjustment

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by atrade, Apr 12, 2005.

1. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought I'd make a new thread as my old on seems to have gone stale :(

I am trying to adjust the G2 on my Seleco SVT-150

I am getting faint horizontal lines on the Blue tube and have been told it is the G2 that needs adjusting.

I am struggling to find it! There is a pot on the base of each of the tubes, could this be it?

Help please!

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I've done some digging and I think I might have the answer.

I'm told that the three G2 adjusters are on a small board located in the bottom left corner at the rear of the projector. You may need a long reach screwdrive to reach the adjusters.

Regards

3. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And just when I thought all hope was lost! I'll grab some pics if I find them and post em up for reference!

Just out of interest, do many people still run 150's?

Iknow its an old beast but I have been really impressed with its picture so far (especially when I messed with the focus pots last night!)

Cheers Chris

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    yep, a surprising number of 150s find their way into the hands of home cinema enthusiasts.

Regards

5. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, found the G2 adjustments, right at the bottom left just as you said!

Only problem is it is turned right the way down and still get the lines on the picture, if i turn it up at all it just washes the picture out with blue :(

Any ideas?

The tubes that are in it are made by toshiba, they have a small adjustment on the base of the neckboard but Im not sure what it does so I dont want to start messing with it until someone can tell me what it does

6. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    There's a 220K resistor on the neckboard that goes dry joint. Could be worth a look.

Regards

7. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris, I will check it out tonight, I have turned the G2 right down and then eased it up slightly, I am still getting the lines but they are fainter and the picture is much more watchable.

Watched hero last night and was blown away by the sharpness! I have reconverged about 10 times now in total and each time it just gets better!

Hopefully I can sort this blue tube out tonight

Cheers

8. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I obviously cant get to the components on the neckboard without removing it so a few hints and tips please!

What can i touch, what can't i touch etc....

I'm not a complete noob when it comes to monitors but it is always nice to have someone who knows what they are doing to give you some hints!

How does the neckboard attatch and do I have to discharge the tube or any components on the neckboard before i take it off?

Please help a.s.a.p! I'm dying to see if this fixes the problem!!

9. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    As I've said before I'm no engineer, but the obvious stuff is mains off, then discharge by pressing the on switch. Don't poke around anywhere you don't need to, especially round the HT coils which would give you a bit of a belt (32,000Volts) which wouldn't be too pleasant. The neckboard is relatively low voltage but you could still get a tingle from them too so treat with caution.

The neckboard slides on to a crown of thin steel pins surrounding a central guide post off the end of the tube. The board should just slide straight off. The guide post is profiled so the board fits only one way. Go gently with the pins, they bend easily if forced.

All this is at your own risk, of course ;)

Regards

10. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for those pointers chris, in the past two months I have blown myself up with an xbox, a TV, and a computer power supply so I hope I get through this procedure tonight!

Little tip! Always wire plugs properly, and not just jam the wires into a socket with a screwdriver! Trust me, it hurts!

On the subject, have you ever had a projector go on fire? I'm always paranoid about leaving things on standby etc....

Just wondering what your experience of it is

Cheers

11. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    You're doing well then :rotfl:

Wanna buy one of these ? :D

Wiring plugs, oohh that's too complicated for me. I've never wired a plug. I always thought if you tie two lengths of flex together the electricity just jumps across ;)

Nope, most are CE rated to avoid this sort of thing. Mind you, once you bodgers have a go I think CE ratings go right out the window :rotfl:

Good luck and be careful.

12. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, more updates!

I've just taken the neckboard off and reflowed all the joints, problem still the same though :(

I'm really happy with th Pj so far its just this blue tube causing me all the problems!

Do you think the resistor could have blown completley?

Any other things I can try?

13. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Try replacing the resistor. Your local Maplins should be able to help source an equivalent.

Have a look at the pot on the neckboard. Seleco usually seal these type of adjusters with a blob of red paint. Is their paint on yours and does it look like someone before you has broken the seal? If so, can you judge where the correct position should be? (tip: if no paint then don't make any adjustment)

Beyond this then I think it's time to let an engineer have a look.

Regards

14. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What exactly does the pot on the neckboard do? It is not sealed by the way!

Are the neckboards compatible with each other? could I just swap the neckboards round with the green and see if i get the same problem?

That would eliminate things for me, I couldnt fully disconnect the neckboard, there was a thick lead coming off it that was going directly into the white plastic surround, any ideas how to remove this or what it is?

15. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Yes, the neckboards are compatible and swapping them is a good idea. Beyond this my knowledge runs out.

16. atrade

atrade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the pot on the neckboard an adjustment for?

Anyone any ideas?

17. gazzzman

gazzzman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there!
    there is a bood possibility the problem you have is a leaky diode on the interconnect board (the one standing up just to the right of the fan when looking from the back)
    if yo look near the top of that board there is a green 3 way ribbon cable that goes to the convergence board on the back
    if you unplug one end of this cable the 3 switches on the back (rgb) will not work
    but if that cures the problem one of the In4148 diodes on that board are faulty ;-)
    it is fine to use with the lead off untill you get a replacement btw
    the 150 may not have the best spec in the world but gives a great picture
    is very reliable and will last for years they are even relativly cheap to repair!
    mail me if you have any problems
    gazzzman