Seleco svt-150-dim rgb picture

S

STU126

Hi guys. This Is my first visit here so please be gentle .:hiya:
Yes i am still running one of these old beast's, just been re-installed from a house move where it was running happily in s-video. I have re-wired to rgb [ want to run with xbox 360] but find the picture is very dark, can anyone please help..:lease:

Tom.W

Does it still run happily on the S-input ?

What kind of conversion did you make ?

S

STU126

Thanks for the reply.. The pj is running s-video fine at the moment,composite is ok as well but not so good picture. The problem is when i connect to rgb [either scart or bnc] the image is there ok, but too dark to watch, ie dark scene in a movie is lost. have tried direct connection to dvd, console & through rgb selecter unit always the same result. I do not have a service manual for it, but wondered if there is an internal adjustment for black level on rgb?.or if anyone has schematic diagram of the rgb input stage, it could be modified.?

S

STU126

Thanks for the link tom.:thumbsup:.. got the manual but as usual the inputs drive straight into a large chip.. not much chance of a mod there then..Did wonder about the source thing but all units tried gave the same result. [ they work ok on my lcd tv ] so still think it's a problem with the pj.

Tom.W

Like I said I never owned a Seleco but does it have an RGBHV input and if so does it accept both positive and negative sync ?

S

STU126

Thanks tom for a truly fantastic link. had me completely hooked !! there was however no answer to my problem. I am still hoping there is an internal rgb black level adjustment somewhere. [ shame the brightness control is dis-abled for rgb :devil: ] I have wondered if, as the pj is now sooooo old and the source units are new is it a matter of signal level standards changing ?

Chris Frost

I take it you've done the obvious checks; make sure the correct mode is selected for each SCART socket i.e. it's PA1 or PA2 and that NTSC4.43 isn't enabled unless you need it.

As you say, the projector is very old now. So it might be worth checking for dried out or bulging caps. Other than that is it worth pursuing RGB any further?

S

STU126

I take your point chris. I bought this pj brand new [ in august 92 no less ]
& fitted it into a dedicated room. It has always worked perfectly and still gives a great picture. After moving house a few years ago i finally managed to set up a new room dedicated to hc. s-video is ok for general viewing, just wanted to set up for best quality for it's last remaining years.. the only real problem is that the xbox 360 mostly runs games at 60 hz so the only way to get a color picture is through rgb. was hoping it was only going to take a minor adjustment to sort.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom