1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco svp350 cant sync? help im lame!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by wezix, Apr 27, 2005.

1. wezix

wezix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I’m very new here.

Dived in the deep-end recently and bought a cheap Seleco svp350 from the Ebay monster.

Basically it seems to have an intermittent fault; it makes a noise like a monitor when they change resolution but non-stop . I’m guessing its because it cant sync the signal or something? :confused: The noise is definitely coming from the back near the interface board.

My picture looks like I have massive interference, and I cant see anything.

Does anybody know anything about this fault? It’s getting worse and worse, I used to be able to turn it off and it might be ok later, but not so now.

Please, Please, help I haven’t even used it properly yet, it’s driving me crazy. And I really cant afford to get it repaired in a shop. :(

Thanks
    Wez

2. crispybig

crispybig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sounds like it could be the HT (high tension - about 25 thousand volts) arcing.

If you feel confident to remove the cover, have a look inside and see how dirty ("sooty") it is. Especially around any thick red leads, which may actually look black because of the soot.

***** Switch off and unplug, and wait 10 minutes before removing the cover *****

Then switch on again with the cover still open. Don't poke around inside now, just look. The room should be as dark as possible (but not so dark that you stumble into the projector!). Look for any blue sparks or glows. Switch off.

Post you're findings here.

3. wezix

wezix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Given it a bit of a clean and resoldered a few dry joint that I found on the video card. Seems to work better now. Still needs converging though. ;-)

4. ian-500

ian-500
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there,

There's a guy on these forums called Chris Frost who really is the main man when it comes to all things Seleco, so he might beable to help you out. I have a SVP400HT and had it set up by him. It now looks fab.

Hope this helps.

Ian.