1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco SVP-400 install

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BenC, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenC

BenC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    At last my pj is ceiling mounted! The main requirement was minimal impact on my living room - I feel this has been achieved. The only downside is that all the walls are white, so my blacks are sometimes a bit washed out. I'm still well chuffed though. I've done the convergence myself, but plan on getting an expert in once funds allow.

After much effort here are the results:

http://www.bcook.plus.com/Home%20Cinema/pics.htm

Quick question: In the last photo you can see that the image suffers from a few 'echos' on the left hand side. Whilst it's not hugely distracting - I'd like to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Cheers.

2. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's good to see you are finally up and running. You can now sit back and start to enjoy all your favourite dvd's.
    To say its your first CRT it looks as like you've made a great job of the installation.
    With regards to the reflection from the white walls I would recommend you change the white for a darker matt finish paint.
    You could also look at some easy to install roll up black out blinds to eliminate any natural light spilling through.
    As regards to the echoes I'm not sure exactly what you mean.
    You may be refering to ringing. If it is ringing then try turning the peak(sharpness) down to zero. This will help.
    The up-converter in the projector may be responsible for a certain amount of ringing. If you up-grade in the future to an iscan you will notice an improvement. The picture wil be significantly sharper and the the colour balance will be better.

All the best!

popeye:)

3. BenC

BenC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Popeye - thanks for your comments. I think what I referred to as echos is in fact ringing. I'm pretty sure I have the sharpness at 0 on my DVD. I can't find a sharpness setting on the pj. Maybe an iscan will sort this one.

I do already have black-out blinds behind the venetian blinds - they make a big difference. With regard to the walls - unfortunately white is the only colour for aesthetic reasons!!

Ben.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    Nice job,,,,

The ringing down left hand side is caused as the image is drawn from left to right. The electron beam hasn;t had time to stabilise at the beggining of the line so you get that effect. The ways to deal with it are as follows.

Move the projector back and use smaller area of raster (last resort)

Use raster shift control to move useable raster further left (this will move image off sceen to left). Then use picture shift or phase to move image back to the right to put image back on the screen in correct place. If you have placed the projector aggressively there may be nothing you can do to get rid of the ringing. Also if you are using an HTPC you may be able to alleviate it by adjusting the PORCH settings in powerstrip

Gordon

P.S. Also check shaprness is turned down as this will help overall

5. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The sharpness control on your 400 can be found with the rest of picture control settings and is refered to as ' Peak '
    If you haven't already lower the level right down to zero. You may wish to set the level a little higher, however the more peak, (sharpness) you use the more evident the ringing will be.
    You may also wish to try adjusting the Y/C delay, which may be responsible for what your experiencing.

Best of luck!

popeye
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.