1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco svp-190

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cutes6, Jan 22, 2001.

1. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi everyone

I have been offered one of these recently for £600 inc electric screen but I dont know anything about it and cant find anything on the net. Can any one help me with info please

thanks

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    I've a Seleco 195 in my understair cupboard. Guess the 190 is very similar, in which case it is pretty much like the internals of a Seleco400, except without the capability to scan high enough to use a line doubler.

So, it's a video only device that should give a pretty good picture if set up OK.

I'd want to see it working before parting with any money though. I'm sure Chris Frost will have more info.

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !

3. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for the feedback Gordon,I just wish I could Get some spec on it also what would I particularly look for if I go to see it?

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Cutes6: Email me your address and I'll see if I can find an old OWL flyer A4 handout about that model I can put in the post to you.

Things to look out for are really to just ask to see a picture on it. If it looks good enough then you're elected. If you are going to watch region 1 and 2 discs then check how it looks playing both back, NTSC and PAL.

Put up a static White screen and see if there are any logo's burned in to it (ie Sky Sports, if it's been used in a sports bar!)Do the same with a full black screen and check that there are no lighter grey areas (though this is unlikely).

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !