1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco SVD 800 HD

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mike Freeman, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Mike Freeman

Mike Freeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iam lucky enough to have one of these units stuck to the ceiling in my lounge but I have noticed a 10inch wide band(this is on a 7ft sreen) running from the top to bottom of the picture which lacks the brightness of the rest of the picture.

I spoke to Owl about this and they say its a thing with all CRT projectors.

I guess I just want to check this out and get another opinion as to wether anyone else had noticed this or am I being fobbed off.

2. stefinch

stefinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have a seleco 320 CRT and a 6ft widescreen and there is no loss in brightness
    on any of the picture, also a freind has a 310 with 7ft screen and again picture perfect across the screen.So all CRT's dont have this.Have you tried a different lead just in case?

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Mike,

I think this is a Quadscan issue. If you have the capability send a signal direct to the projector. If the dealer set up a memory bank converged for un-line doubled (which he she probably wouldn't) you would be able to check if this band appeared.

I've installed several SVD800's and none have lighter bands going from top to bottom.

Gordon

4. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    There have been many people complaining of this dark band while using early quadscans, although usually on Svid. Checkout the avs forum for more info.

Cheers Rob.

5. Mike Freeman

Mike Freeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would be difficult to try another lead as the cableling has been buried in the cieling although I was assured it was the best VGA cable you could get for the money.(VGA from the Quadscan Scaler to the projector)

6. Alan Westy

Alan Westy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Mike,

As Gordon says this is a Quadscan issue, I had the same problem and spoke to focus enhancements who confirmed the glitch. It is only apparent when using composite or S vid input to the quadscan. Since I changed to component input I have eradicated this problem. Although I still use S vid and composite for TV it was never as apparent with these sources and is not visible for 99% of the time.

Focus enhancements did say they would upgrade the board in the Quadscan FOC when the Quadscan Elite came out, so this may be an option for you.

Alan