SELECO SDG700 CRT anyone got one dead or alive?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 100949football, Nov 4, 2005.

1. 100949football

100949football

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Help:........... my trusty and previously excellent Seleco SDG700 has developed intermittent shut-down fault. Probably Power supply unit!
    The machine starts up and runs but then for no apparent reason - nor time scale - it shuts down and then goes through the start-up cycle again. It can display for seconds, minutes or tens of minutes - with no real pattern - but this has progressively got worse.
    The machine has been to OWL Video, with diagnosis of possible power supply problems.
    The machine was then sent to a brilliant guy called Eddie at Sim2 (U.K.). Eddie spent some time on it and problem persisted with Eddie suggesting power supply but he was not certain.
    Several replacement circuit boards were tried with no luck.
    I am advised that Sim2 Italy do not have a replacement power supply and they cannot tell me who manufactured this for it to be tested.
    This last scenario I find strange to say the least but......who am I to question this?
    Does anyone have a similar machine with other problems which I could buy as a donor machine?
    Alternatively can anyone suggest a source where I could get the power supply tested.
    The part number for the power supply unit is: 792449100.
    My SDG700 has done a genuine 1450hours, and prior to this fault developing the projector worked brilliantly so I am obviously reluctant to bin it!
    Either post reply or email me on: [email protected]

:lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease:

2. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Hi Bill and Welcome.....

I hope you get this sorted.....

post the full info you sent me about where it has been sent and who has looked at it.....

its good info and will help the tech guys to help you...

Fingers crossed for you.

3. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know it's a completely different beast, but my telly would turn itself off intermittently and pulling it to pieces, it turned out to be dry joints on the standby ic (crappy hitachi main board design), the problem was seemingly random. I'm sure that the guys who've seen it have looked for dry joints, but they can be notoriously difficult to find. If you've got the time, it might be worth pulling out board after board and going over them one by one to look for dry joints.

4. 100949football

100949football

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    :hiya: Thank you very much Lex.
    Any info is appreciated but, as you say, I'm sure the guys at OWL VIDEO and Eddie at Sim2 went down that path.
    I forgot to mention, initially, that I myself took out seven of the circuit boards and sent them down to OWL Video. They were checked as o.k.
    Howevre, point taken.....ta.

5. martinday

martinday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bill

I have a SDG700 in good working order that I'll be selling soon. Lower hours than yours. If you're interested then make me an offer though you'd have to collect from near Bristol.

Martin

6. 100949football

100949football

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    :hiya: Martin.

thanks for your response.

I don't know if you've read all of my threads but I - on Friday - bought an SVP400 plus from Ebay to replace my "ill" SDG 700.

Of the two I'd prefer the 700 so yes i would be interested in your one.

Obviously I know all about the 700 - including the problems/parts...etc., etc.

Let me know your "ball-park" figure you may be looking for and if it is sensible I'm sure we could come to an arrangemnt.

I could arrange for collection from you, as I am in Scotland - Falkirk, near Edinburgh.

Please let me know.

Regards Bill

SORRY GUYS.....I'M RELATIVELLY NEW AND I NOW UNDERSTAND THIS FORUM IS NOT A SALES SITE.
    So Martin if you want to contact me directly please email me on : [email protected]