seleco (out of the pub)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by naim, Oct 12, 2004.

1. naim

naim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    please help,,,,, having got it working im thinking of using the pioneer 575s (prog scan)at the moment im using a Pacific 1002 rgb scart or a tosh 210 component output,will i get a better picture using the pioneer 575 component outputs,please can you help me which player i should use ,is the pioneer much better than the tosh. p.s where can i get the instalation manuels for the seleco,

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    i would suggest you look at a decent scaler and have a word with roland at B4 for more help also you could try OWL video....

3. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which model is the seleco?

John

4. naim

naim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    model svt 110 on the back of it

5. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    SVT110 won't accept component video either interlaced or progressive :(

The highest quality signal you can run into it will be RGB interlaced video as you seem to be running from the Pacific 1002.

A few people have asked about the install manual for SVT110/150 projectors. I think someone posted a link as recently as 6 weeks ago. Try searching this forum for more info :)

Regards

6. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Search for post's by me, I downloaded them onto some site that someone recomended.

John

7. naim

naim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    chris, i also use a tosh 210 with component out,do you think the pioneer 575 will be a big improvement on the pacific or the tosh

cheer`s

8. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109

Your best bet is to weigh up the quality of the RGB outputs on your players and choose the best one from them. Forget component. Forget progressive scan component. This projector just won't accept component of any sort. :)

>>>John, I think the file you mentioned is no longer hosted on that web site. Can you repost it? There have been plenty of people asking for it recently.

9. naim

naim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    cheer`s
    that will save a lot of time,any idea where ill get help on fine tuning the projecter,p.s how old do you think it is,is it any good and what would be the best screan size for a room 4mts by 4 mts allowing for the projector on a table,can`t put on the ceiling as it is a very old house and the Mrs would be peaved, does it mean the closer the pj is to the facing wall the better the picture.
    cheer`s

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    pic will be smaller and brighter closer mate but there is a limit on convergence and focus tho

11. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anywhere on here that can accept the manual? its zipped to 4 parts just over 1 meg each.

John

12. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The manual will be a great help for convergence. You should also do a search in this forum for SVT150. This is the TV Tuner version of the model you own. In the course of the last five years there has been a lot of good info written detailing tips for convergence.

How old - I covered this in my first reply to you. Have another read.

SVT110 and 150s work best on 6ft wide or 7ft wide screens. (NB. width is from side to side. Diagonal is corner to corner). The distance from screen to projector is worked out by Screen Width x 1.5 So a 6ft screen needs a throw distance of 9ft. Horneydragon is correct - small picture = brighter picture. 6ft will look better than 7ft.

110 & 150 projectors don't have the 16:9 mode for correctly displaying the extra resolution from anamorphic DVD . You can still play widescreen films, you just need to set your DVD player to '16:9 Letterbox' mode.

Regards

13. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    John, I've got 2MB of webspace unused at the moment. I don't know if this is accessible to anyone else, so I posted a link and an image below. Let me know if you can access the file and see the image. If so, then I'll host part of the manual for others to down load. We can then swap to the other half.

test photo

[​IMG]

14. naim

naim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    cheer`s chaps,got it working well sort of, quite pleased one more question will i get a better pictue from a epson tw 10h or should i stick with what ive got,if you can answer this it will save me alot of time and grief
    cheer`s again
    Al

15. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The age of the seleco can be seen on the first two digits of the serial number ie:- 92xxxxxx

Another way to determine the age of almost anything electronic is to have a look at the chips inside the unit. The majority of them will have a 4 digit date code for when they were manufactured ie:- 9233, 9152, 9202, 9234, 9228 the first 2 digits is the year and the 2nd 2 digits are the week in that year. Most of the chips will have simular date codes on them and the production date will be arround the latest date code. In the example above it would be 9234 or end August '92.

John