seleco ht200-they gotta be kidding!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by charles, Dec 11, 2000.

1. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    I have now seen the seleco ht200-twice-at two different dealers.
    Picture far superior to the sony lcd(which i also looked at again)-but obviously feeble in comparison to any crt out there over 4 grand.
    The black level was pretty good,picture didnt have that last oomph of detail...colours better than the sony for sure...but is it worth 6 grand?...no way...wait till you can get this quality for under 3 grand-and even then think twice..

Pretty case though..this product will appeal to all those who buy bang and oluffson and think its hi-fi...

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very interesting Charles. One thing I've not seen mentioned anywhere is how loud the fan/colour wheel is. Was it sufferable?

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

3. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Arthur

The fan is multi speed (auto adjusts as required) , and is VERY quiet - I could not discern a difference between the Sony and the Seleco as regards fan noise(although the stats will tell you the seleco is marginally louder at 39db against 38 for the Sony).

I stood right next to the seleco for a 2.5 hour demo, and can honestly say I didn`t notice it at all - although I did ask specifically about it.

See the thread Seleco vs Sony for more details if interested.