1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco 400 and progressive scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Vixpy, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Vixpy

Vixpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me if this sounds stupid but i have'nt picked up a HC mag for 4 years and so i'm feeling a bit out of the loop.

My sony DVD player recently gave up the ghost and so i've got a new HK 25, I'm running it throgh an s-video to my Seleco 400 plus, the Projector does'nt like progressive scan being sent to it this way. now the questions;

Is it that my PJ does not accept PS at all?

Does it only accept it through Component then?

I have a component cable on the way , if my PJ does'nt accept PS at all, is there an upgrade i can get?

I used to be so knowlageable about these things!

TIA.

Charlie.

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Hi Charlie,
    S-video isn't designed to carry Progressive Scan for any type of display be it a TV, plasma or projector.

From memory I think the 'plus versions of the 400 accepts progressive scan. From the Harmon the connection would be component.

There's a simple way to check your projector compatibility. Press AV/0 on the remote to bring up the input list on screen. Look for a Component input with 32k written along side. That is your progressive scan Component input. :)

Enjoy

3. Vixpy

Vixpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris, i'll give it a look