Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Seleco 400 and progressive scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Vixpy, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Vixpy

Vixpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me if this sounds stupid but i have'nt picked up a HC mag for 4 years and so i'm feeling a bit out of the loop.

My sony DVD player recently gave up the ghost and so i've got a new HK 25, I'm running it throgh an s-video to my Seleco 400 plus, the Projector does'nt like progressive scan being sent to it this way. now the questions;

Is it that my PJ does not accept PS at all?

Does it only accept it through Component then?

I have a component cable on the way , if my PJ does'nt accept PS at all, is there an upgrade i can get?

I used to be so knowlageable about these things!

TIA.

Charlie.

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Hi Charlie,
    S-video isn't designed to carry Progressive Scan for any type of display be it a TV, plasma or projector.

From memory I think the 'plus versions of the 400 accepts progressive scan. From the Harmon the connection would be component.

There's a simple way to check your projector compatibility. Press AV/0 on the remote to bring up the input list on screen. Look for a Component input with 32k written along side. That is your progressive scan Component input. :)

Enjoy

3. Vixpy

Vixpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris, i'll give it a look