1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seleco 350+

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by davewel, Feb 2, 2005.

1. davewel

davewel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help?

When switched on, projector makes fairly loud crackle noise.
    The fan comes on but tubes don't light up & power indicator bulb at rear is red. This happend while my son was playing his Playstation on it.
    I had local T V repair shop take a look and they thought it was the main power board. Does anyone know where in Essex I can take it to get it repaired?

Is it even worth repairing? Your views would be appreciated.

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you see any LED's lit up on the module sticking out of the deflection board? (located behine the blue tube). These will indicate a problem that is causing the projector to shut off. Does the projector try and power up at all (does the power LED change at all - cycle?)? Word has it a lot of seleco probs can be cured by checking the modules are seated correctly - look at the deflection module by the blue tube and (being careful to switch off and leave time to discharge) the modules located at the front of the PJ underneath the lenses where it says CAUTION HIGH VOLTAGE!!

PS - Chris frost please tell me if I am talking out of my :censored: ... Now that mine's fixed I feel like I can take on the world!!!!

3. davewel

davewel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    two led lights on that board light up

4. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok. Look at which LEDs are lit and describe them. If you can, carefully pull the board out and you should be able to identify the LED (horizontal, veritical deflection etc.) This will indicate the problem and whether it is worth repairing.

5. Anders B

Anders B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Owl Video Systems in Uckfield East Sussex has e-mail support and they do Seleco repairs. www.owl-video.co.uk

6. davewel

davewel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the led lights lit are in a group of four on the board by the side of the blue tube its the two nearest the rear of pj.
    Also when switched on someting shorts under the blue tube at front.