1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seleco 350 cutting out

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gary g, Nov 24, 2004.

1. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    HELP :I have a seleco svp350 which when turned on from the main switch appears to come on,the fans start up,you can hear some ht,between 5 and 10 seconds it turns its self off,it then tries to start up again. the tubes do NOT light.whilst it is on there is an led illuminated on the protection board marked "H".does anybody know where I should start looking.
    I am a bit rusty as I was working on valve and solid state Tv's when they had real wood cabinets!!
    any help is much appreciated.
    gary

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    check that the daughter boards are seated firmly - these are the protection board with the little red LEDs and two boards in the power supply enclosed under a metal cover under the lenses. Make sure you disconnect power before uncovering the power supply.

Check the seating of all the ribbon cables and also the small boards attached to the end of each of the CRT tubes.

Regards

3. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thankyou Chris for you response;
    having cleaned and checked every module and cable connection I still have the fault,though slightly different :confused: having said previously that the pj turns itself off..it actually goes into standby and can be turned back on with the remote.it still does this after about 10 seconds but I now have a vertical line down the centre of the blue tube,(an improvement on nothing at all)still nothing on the red or green
    though I can tell you that IC450 located on the heatsink mounted on the crt socket board of the green and red tube are getting quite warm and the blue is cold :confused: the red led marked "H"on the protection board is still lit when pj is on.
    thankyou again for any help
    Gary G.

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Hi Gary, I'm not an engineer so I would recommend you speak with Owl or one of the freelance engineers who work on these projectors. Try Owl on 01825 766123 or Kevin Plaice at Blackburn on 07956 194444.

Regards