1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seinfeld!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by nobackwheel, Aug 6, 2004.

1. nobackwheel

nobackwheel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    Had been recording the repeats of this show onto HDD. Think I'll wait for the dvd's now. Nice. About time.

3. cheeseywang

cheeseywang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I ordered the 3 series box from CD-wow for £37 and very good it is too.

My only complaint is the shoddy box it comes in. It's a conventional "fold the top flap in" type of design with two four-way digi packs inside. Seems a shame to spoil it with exterior packaging that will get damaged eventually. Are the series 1&2 and series 3 sets the same?

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    Ok, so I got the Seinfeld box set for xmas (series 1-3). Can somebody explain to me where the 26 hours of extras are? I reckon 5 hours max, and loads of commentaries where the cast and Larry sit around listening to the episode in question, only speaking to make a reference to how funny a line is or the episode. Even including the commenteries you're still no where near 26 hours or whatever!? :confused:

Still, the transfers are a huge imrpovement in picture quality over the Paramount comedy broadcasts. :)

5. Grand Dizzy

Grand Dizzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Aw, I was hoping they weren't lying about the 26 hours of extras! :(

How can they be allowed to lie like that?

6. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    Creative accountuing I think they call it. Has anyone else noticed this. Perhaps I'm missing something. As for the commentaries. They never watch the episodes before hand to thinkl of anything interesting to say. So when they're watching it, they haven't watched it for 14 years or so. Inevitably the their memory of the episodes is vague and they end up watching rather than commentating. Personally i'd make them do it again. Shame really. :rolleyes:

7. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    I think I've worked out how they came to the 26 hour etxras quoted. Every episode has text commentary 'notes about nothing'. Although it's sometimes a bit difficult to read quickly enough. 40 episodes at 20 mins a time would account for 13 hours. The remaining 13 hours would then consist of the documentarys and yak traks. Still, very misleading imo. :rolleyes: