• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Seiki - 50" 4K TV for under $1500

El_MUERkO

Last edited:

El_MUERkO

No, why?

I'm thinking it can't be true but if it is someone on the forum will get one and I'm dying to know what it's like.

LG, Sony and Co. are looking for $20k for their 84" 4k TV's, not seen any pricing for their smaller sets but I'd be it'll be a lot more than this set.

Now it could be a hunk of junk but if it's not it'll make for some awkward times at Samsung, Sony, LG etc...

El_MUERkO

Good find, here's a review of the 50", they're doing 65" and 84" as well.

Doomlord_uk

It's real, though the price has gone up to $1500 at the moment I believe. enGadget have done a review of it I believe, but I haven't looked at it yet.

Wonder when we'll get these in the UK, or the new Sony XBR-55X900 or -65X900s...

El_MUERkO

That's pretty crazy.

Smith2004

Pity we can't get a hold of any of these in retailers over here, if only to be able to make a judgement on their quality (or lack of).

Last edited:

HeavenlyWarrior

I think reviews, and not price, are the way to go here in judging the quality of the product. There's Bush HD and there's Pioneer HD, and no doubt the UHD market will be the same.

ziglar

I see on Amazon.com that the price is now $770. What are the issues regarding using this in the UK assuming, of course, I can get a 4K source?

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Check it will run off our 230 Volt 50Hz AC mains versus their 110/120 volt 60 hertz.
The terrestrial tuner will be an ATSC one - so it won't pick up Freeview.
The analogue inputs will be RCA/phono - not SCARTs.
Your best connections would be the HDMI ones, requiring a Freeview settop box with HDMI output; similarly you'd need any other sources (Sky, Virgin Cable, DVD and Bluray players etc.) to be compatible

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom