Sega Ultimate Megadrive Collection - Play And Help Thread

GalacticaActual

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HI all.

Sorry if there is alreday one of these going (i did do a search)

So anyone got this yet?

I picked it up today and the first thing i noticed was just how frustratingly hard some fo the games are ! LOL

Get 150000 points on super thunder blade to unlock a trophy . My goodness I am luccky to get halfway through the first level on easy !!

Loving streets of rage though, Ah , the memorys.

So, please keep this thread going for a while, and any tips to beat thunder blade are more than welcome. Its also the only way to unlock the arcade version of space harrier.

I had forgotten how rubbish golden ax 2 was comapred to the frist one as well. But shinobi three is pretty good and the sonic games all still remind me of having that old megadrive goign till the early hours back in the day.

Not a play and help though thread is it.:D

Precisely and there is a standard naming system for such threads here so I have amended your thread title accordingly.

I had it, got platinum on it within 3 days, and part-chopped it in at the weekend for Killzone 2 :)

Whats the graphics like.

Im not expecting HD obviously, but wondering if its been touched up/remastered in any way

otherwise, stretching old skool games from 240p to 1080p is gonna look horrendous.

Whats the graphics like.

Im not expecting HD obviously, but wondering if its been touched up/remastered in any way

otherwise, stretching old skool games from 240p to 1080p is gonna look horrendous.

Well, you can adjust the video (in game) to either fill your wide screen TV or have it at standard 4.3. You get borders with graphics to do with the game in 4.3 mode.
You can also togle a smooth mode in the video menu to give it a more HD looking feel, but you loose some detail when you do this.

All the games still look good though on my 42" TV:smashin:

Managed to unlock the acracde version of space harrier last night. The BGM sounds out of tune to what i remember:confused:

Whats the graphics like.

Pretty horrendous really...

Does anyone know why , every time i load up the disc , the PS3 shows a screen saying setting up trophies? It installed it first time i played , but this comes up every time. None of my other games do this.

Fallout 3 does this, and as far as I know it's becuase trophies were patched in after the release.

Was that the case with this?

I'm considering getting this as i've had various roms and iterations on the original consoles of what's in this collection over the years - but I never had a big screen tv, sound system and two awesome arcade sticks to play them on :thumbsup:

Fallout 3 does this, and as far as I know it's becuase trophies were patched in after the release.

Was that the case with this?

I'm considering getting this as i've had various roms and iterations on the original consoles of what's in this collection over the years - but I never had a big screen tv, sound system and two awesome arcade sticks to play them on :thumbsup:

NOt sure, I thought it came with trophies already installed, but i could be wrong (it does happen sometime LOL)

How come you no longer on my friends list anyway mr major sir ?

The games all look and sound just as they did back in the day. Worth it just for strrets of rage and golden axe alone if you ask me.

Ah might be something to do with the patch then. It's not too much of a problem really, takes another few seconds to load.

New psn is Zeromajor, I think you might still have the old one (tageri188). Feel free to add me again or i'll put you on tonight :thumbsup:

Ah might be something to do with the patch then. It's not too much of a problem really, takes another few seconds to load.

New psn is Zeromajor, I think you might still have the old one (tageri188). Feel free to add me again or i'll put you on tonight :thumbsup:

Think I had Majorzero at one point.

Anyone got any tips or cheats :D for the vectorman trophy, collect 500 photons, its the only one i need for the platinum and none of the xbox 360 cheats seem to work, even on lame difficulty i cant get past the plane at the end of level 1 :mad:

I didn't even go beyond the first level to achieve this. You basically move right until you drop down, should find an area with a swarm of mosquito type things. when you hit them they will drop some photons, collect them then move right until they are off screen, move back towards them again and they will reappear, repeat the killing and moving to left process and you will eventually collect enough. If you die you get positioned close by anyway, and should be done in about 10-15 mins.

I didn't even go beyond the first level to achieve this. You basically move right until you drop down, should find an area with a swarm of mosquito type things. when you hit them they will drop some photons, collect them then move right until they are off screen, move back towards them again and they will reappear, repeat the killing and moving to left process and you will eventually collect enough. If you die you get positioned close by anyway, and should be done in about 10-15 mins.

Thanks, worked a treat !!!! :thumbsup:

Hi guys,
I've never really played any of the Sega classics (because I'm only 14) apart from Sonic, which I absolutely love.
In general though, even though I haven't played any Mega Drive classics, I do like old classic 16-bit games, I used to own a Rumble Station which basically had 15 NES games on it. I really enjoyed playing on that.
Based on that, do you think I'll enjoy the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate collection, and should I buy it?

It's one of the easiest Platinum trophies. Cheat codes can be applied. Even got it twice, as both the Mega Drive and Genesis Collection! Traded it with an American friend's copy.

As a SNES owner at the time I've got to say I wasn't that impressed with Sega's finest. There's only Streets of Rage, the rest are pretty poor. If you can get it for a tenner and get Platinum in one afternoon it's not too bad.

It's worth it for the trophies if that's what you're after, otherwise I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. These games are best left in your memory, as now they are just terrible. Some of these games I played first time round and at the time I thought they were ace, but time moves on.

No. It suxs major assor!

Hi guys,
I've never really played any of the Sega classics (because I'm only 14) apart from Sonic, which I absolutely love.
In general though, even though I haven't played any Mega Drive classics, I do like old classic 16-bit games, I used to own a Rumble Station which basically had 15 NES games on it. I really enjoyed playing on that.
Based on that, do you think I'll enjoy the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate collection, and should I buy it?

Please don't start new unnecessary threads and do a search first. Merging threads.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom