1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sega soccer slam...ya thoughts

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Respectamonkeee, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has any1 bothered to buy this wicked game yet?

not really seen it advertised much and only saw a few things on the net about ity and looked fun.

Well i bought this last week and find it the most fun game i've played on the GC yet.....

Tis a truely made take on soccer...seriously good fun in multiplayer mode......

I love this game....

2. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the USA version a while back on launch since I needed a nice multiplayer title and that it certainly is ^_^ It really does shine in the multiplayer department for a "pick up and play" title and it kills the time well. If peeps have doubts at least rent it and play the game with a few mates ^_^

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    Personally, I didn't like it. I played it for a week, then took it back and got Beachspikers. I found the courts were too small and it was a bit hit and miss on the tackling etc. The graphics were nice, however it became very repetitive as it was just pass, pass, shoot.

Beachspikers is a much better multiplayer game IMO, like Super Tennis on the SNES. It has the similar repetitiveness around it, however it really shines in being a complex paper scissor stone affair, as you have to guess where your opponent will hit the ball. Co-op mode is amazing, nothing better than screaming at your housemate to leave the ball alone!!! hehehe

4. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    I really enjoyed as it is the kind of game to spend 20 minutes playing and save and continue later.

Also, it reminds me of the old Bitmap brothers game 'Speedball' apart from it is football based.

Well worth a rent and for a multiplayer game it is excellent

(BTW i played the PS2 version)

5. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I still like the game but since I'm working and my mates are in uni and whatnot, its not too easy having a multiplayer game anymore >_< I'm thinking about trading it in soon since I've had it since the USA launch... Plus November will be very expensive for me since all of my DVDs and games on pre-order will be ready and shipped >_<

6. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Like GTA: Vice City :D (if you have a PS2)