Wanted Sega Saturn Console - Region free or 50/60Hz modded

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by jamie-m, Feb 25, 2014.

1. jamie-m

jamie-m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,

I'm looking for a PAL/UK Sega Saturn that has either region and 50/60Hz switches or a region free switchless mod for playback of US and Jap NTSC original discs

Price and currency: Item wanted

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. jamie-m

jamie-m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
  3. Gunbuster

Gunbuster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    Do you need something modded, or would a UK Saturn with an import cart be ok? Obviously not optimal for imports because everything runs at 50mhz and the import games have black bars, but does the trick in most instances.

4. jamie-m

jamie-m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'd be happy enough without the region modding because the Action Replay 4M Plus is a very good device but I think at the very least the 50/60Hz switch is a must. Having other consoles with 50/60Hz switches really shows the difference and forcing imports to 50Hz causes problems with sound in some games due to timing changes :(

I have both a SNES and Mega Drive with 50/60Hz switches and cut out cartridge tabs to take NTSC carts and an RGB modded NTSC N64 and various others and got them all no issue at a great price without looking too hard but the Saturn seems so difficult to obtain I've been looking for absolutely ages and the only one I found was a vastly overpriced one on eBay thats no longer there after listing expired (it didn't sell) :(

Thanks for asking though I do appreciate it! :)

5. Gunbuster

Gunbuster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    It might just have been me, but I've found the switch modded Saturns prone to failure - I've had 3 with region and 50/60hz switches that all just gave up the ghost out of the blue - might explain why there's so few of them about.

Cheers.

6. jamie-m

jamie-m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Wow 3 failures thats harsh :(

That may be a good reason why actually, its pretty strange really because the Saturn is probably one of the better built and more reliable consoles of the era but I understand that modding can drastically change all of that.

Really starting to wonder if its worth it to be honest. The Saturn is more or less the only console I've never owned and the games I actually want to play through number only a handful perhaps there was a reason why I'd never had one before.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014