Sega Rally, Xbox360 Or Ps3???????

jake360

Established Member
Reaction score
out for both consoles in september, but undecided what platform to go for, xbox or ps3 version, more towards the xbox cos better setup for online play.
what do you lot think?

If you're not buying a wheel, it simply depends which controller you find easier for racing games. Personally, I'll probably be going for the 360 one as I find its controller more comfortable.

out for both consoles in september, but undecided what platform to go for, xbox or ps3 version, more towards the xbox cos better setup for online play.
what do you lot think?

Xboix 360 will have force feedback in controller so you'll better enjoy the track deformation if you ask me... unless you got a wheel for your PS3

Unless the PS3 has superior graphics or a better frame rate(haven't seen any mention of frame rate issues BTW) which I doubt with this game then I would think the 360 is the obvious choice if you own both consoles.

IMO it has the better controller for racing games + rumble + Xbox Live + achievements;)

If a game is multi format i always go for the 360 version purely for the online aspects ..... plus a lot of cross platforms look better on the 360 at the moment. The only ps3 games im interested in are the exclusives ... GT5/ MGS4. I will be buying pes for the ps3 though ..... in my opinion that game should only be played with a ps pad ..... i cant play with the 360 one. :rotfl:

I'll probably buy it on 360, purely because of the pad. Comfort + Rumble, all good :).

IMO it has the better controller for racing games + rumble + Xbox Live + achievements;)

Completely agree, especially the embolded point.

It would have to take a massively improved game (and not talking about a few graphics refinements), which is unlikely, to offset those advantages. So while a controller or wheel is the primary input for the game the 360 version will always be at the top of my list.

Although I have to say downloading the HD trailers of the game I am nowhere near as looking forward to the game now as I was before on either platform :(

its all about xbox live :smashin:

Although I have to say downloading the HD trailers of the game I am nowhere near as looking forward to the game now as I was before on either platform :(

I really hope Sega come to form with this game, some of the most recent releases do not have the usual Sega stamp of quality.

I really hope Sega come to form with this game, some of the most recent releases do not have the usual Sega stamp of quality.
Well looks like I was wrong, Sega Rally have been getting rave reviews. Eurogamer gave it a 9/10. Can't wait to try the demo.

With Live, achievements, rumble pad and the 360 pad in general it has to be the 360 version for me. Played the demo earlier and I loved it. :)

Waiting for the Mrs to finish bloody hells kitchen before I can sample the delights of sega rally...

I too am a saturn veteran... Oh god I can't imagine how many hours I lost to that... tried to recreate it on the DC, and whilst good, it wasn't the saturn version...

I have high hopes that I think might be met with the 360 version...

Here's hoping...

a rally game without rumble effect is nuts to be honest, that along with achievements and live means the majority of people with both consoles will nmost likely get 360 version. sony really need to release the sixaxis with rumble asap.

Great demo BTW but i wont be buying it as theres too much on my halo err i mean mind at the moment.

a rally game without rumble effect is nuts to be honest, that along with achievements and live means the majority of people with both consoles will nmost likely get 360 version. sony really need to release the sixaxis with rumble asap.

Completely agree. The rally genre is probably the type of game that benefits from rumble the most. Does anyone know if games can be played online against others?

After playing a good hour of the 360 demo I would say that if you have both consoles the 360 version would be the one to go for. The rumble seems far more essential in this game than most racers(including DiRT) as it really gives you a feel for holding the ruts within the track.

Probably the best use of controller rumble I've come across in a long time and I think you'd lose alot of the feel of the game without it.

[EDIT]Just found out that Sony are now releasing a rumble six axis so maybe Sega Rally has the support already built in, hence the PS3 version not scoring slightly lower reviews due to the lack of rumble(which I was surprised to see no mention of).

There's been no mention of rumble support from Sony's list of compatible titles. A major oversight if true.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom