Sega Rally Revo - Play and Help Thread

pixels

Release date: UK - 28th September 2007

Thought i'd open this thread to discuss Sega Rally Revo (SRR) as it is released in under 3 weeks.

I think it's between this and Colin McRae DIRT (CMD), but can't justify splashing out on 2 racers, especially already owning Motorstorm.

Currently, from what i've heard, SRR has upto 6 players racing together online, whilst CMD only has an online time trial mode, making me lean towards SRR at the moment.

Yours views, news and information about the game are welcomed

Baz

Tigerblade

Distinguished Member
Currently, from what i've heard, SRR has upto 6 players racing together online, whilst CMD only has an online time trial mode, making me lean towards SRR at the moment.

Whilst the demo of Dirt was very good IMO that is a deal breaker for me. From the videos I've seen Revo looks the biz too so think I'll be going for Sega's game myself :)

Hornet2112

It'd be great if a demo was released to try Sega Rally Revo out, I'm looking forward to it and think it might be more my cuppa tea than Dirt.

pixels

Whilst the demo of Dirt was very good IMO that is a deal breaker for me. From the videos I've seen Revo looks the biz too so think I'll be going for Sega's game myself :)

Thought the DiRT demo was OK, but still doesn't feel like the car is attached to the road and is still pivoting around a central point. If it had Motorstorm style handling physics I think it would be superb.

Also, going forward I think i'll play more games online rather than offline, as I get bored sat their by myself...I like to have the competitive and fun element of playing against others.

mitch909

Got it on Pre-order.......It sold me when the reviews said that the handling was the same as the original arcade version.........There is a hands on review at IGN...... LINK

pixels

...although having just watched a video of Revo online, it looks like the car is also heavily centrally pivotted...may have to wait and see some magazine reviews before decided on one or the other...or none at all.

ashv12

Thought the DiRT demo was OK, but still doesn't feel like the car is attached to the road and is still pivoting around a central point. If it had Motorstorm style handling physics I think it would be superb.

Also, going forward I think i'll play more games online rather than offline, as I get bored sat their by myself...I like to have the competitive and fun element of playing against others.

i totally agree whilst the cars on the demo look superb and so do the tracks found the steering quite numb and the brakes either on or off severely lacking in any progression IMO codemasters have lost the plot a bit on racing games unfortunately as i was looking forward to CMD fingers crossed that SRR will deliver if not we have a while to wait for a decent racing game probarbly GT5:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

mr_vic

Got it on Pre-order.......It sold me when the reviews said that the handling was the same as the original arcade version.........There is a hands on review at IGN...... LINK

This game should be pretty decent if the handling is like in the arcade version.

CMD just didn't do it for me, the handling wasn't right and i also found it hard to navigate without the directional arrows coming up on the screen to inform you of what type of corner was coming next. :thumbsdow

dino2021

I noticed this in the preview dated 31st Aug at Gamespot, IGn also mention the same thing, fingers crossed they sort it.

The preview builds for both platforms sported practically identical visuals, but the 360 build seemed to be more solid than the PS3 build in terms of the experience delivered. We noticed that the PS3's handling of the cars was much looser, which lead to frustrating and unnecessary fish-tailing which simply wasn't an issue on the 360. Also, the lack of rumble feedback through the PS3's Sixaxis controller took away from the feeling of driving over different surface types. We're hoping that the former issue gets resolved, while the latter is sadly a fact of life.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Recently completed DiRT on the 360 and while the online mode is a bit disappointing(although not as bad as it sounds and can be quite fun), I thought as a single player game it was pretty superb. There's alot of variety in the game with all the different vehicles and hardly any frustration. I only liked the bonnet cam view which certianly seems less floaty than the external views(which I never really like anyway TBH).

As for Sega Rally Revo, it's looking like alot of fun, probably more of an online game than a single player one & I wouldn't be surprised if that's pretty much the only way I play it(as with Flatout UC).

You mention you hope for a demo of Sega Rally, good news is the developers have mentioned several times already that there would be demos for both the Xbox360 & the PS3(not sure about PC) arriving in September, ahead of the October release:cool:. Will be nice to give it a test run!

My advise would be to get DiRT, complete it and then sell it on in time for Sega Rally(you have over 3 weeks which should be plenty;)), it's a great game and would be a shame nto miss out on it.

M

Markum

I'm really excited about Sega Rally. Thought the controls on DiRT were a bit rubbish but what I'm really looking forward to with Sega Rally is the track deformation on the game. Laps and tracks changing in real time effecting how you drive. Can't explain it that well but there are vids of the developers explaining it on the you tube site.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SegaRally2007

Looks like proper next-gen features on a driving game.

nbkicker33

ive played dirt demo and it was ok for me, love more the arcadey driving games, just got psw magazine and they review the game and gave it a 9. played every sega rally ever done apart from the ps2 version, so really looking forward to this game.told myself i was only gonna get either dirt or sega rally, at moment i think it gonna be sega rally

Sega Rally looked great when played with a wheel, a pure arcade game to complement the sim like GT5.

mr_vic

ive played dirt demo and it was ok for me, love more the arcadey driving games, just got psw magazine and they review the game and gave it a 9. played every sega rally ever done apart from the ps2 version, so really looking forward to this game.told myself i was only gonna get either dirt or sega rally, at moment i think it gonna be sega rally

what game did they give a 9 to? Dirt or Sega Rally? ...... Please say Sega Rally

nbkicker33

sega rally, visuals 9, sounds 8, gameplay 9, overal 9,

ashv12

mr_vic

are there any more reviews on this yet??

After the disappointment of Dirt i hope this lives up to expectations.

pixels

are there any more reviews on this yet??

After the disappointment of Dirt i hope this lives up to expectations.

In what way did dirt disappoint you? Was it the demo you are judging or have you played the full game?

nbkicker33

demo of sega rally is up for 360 owners on xobx live, apparently sega said a demo for psn will come soon. from what i read on neogaf forums, people arnt to impressed with it so far.

nofear01

Played the 360, I only hope the PS3 version can better it........:rolleyes:

Just doesn't seem to have the same appeal as it used to. I still prefer the saturn version

nbkicker33

ign uk review now up and scored a 8.8

mitch909

Nice review at British Gaming Blog.........LINK

Confirmed that it has got full force feedback........

"For racing enthusiasts with a high-end wheel, Sega Rally is the perfect complement to your set-up – it feels absolutely superb and is a sweat-inducing adrenaline rush all the way around the track. Rutting your wheels through muddy build-ups causes the wheel to waggle about in your hands like a Pro-Wii player and it’ll take all your strength to keep your car straight. By the time you’ve got off not only will you have grown muscles like Popeye but playing on a 360 pad (let alone the silently static, and unsupported motion sensor, SixAxis) makes the game feel empty; like playing Guitar Hero without a Guitar or playing Mario Party without twenty pints of alcohol."

Can finally dust off my Logitech Driving Force PRO........Really looking forward to this now.....:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors