Sega Mega Drive: Ultimate Collection

Maleko

Looking at this for some re-play of some classics I loved and also for the Mrs.

BUT I hear its been "smoothed to 720p", yet was wondering how these games will look on a 42"?

Would they be ok, or look terrible and not worth the buy?

feaviolp

Check here for people's thoughts on the game: http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-platform-strategy-games/949370-sega-ultimate-megadrive-collection-play-help-thread.html

I've not played it myself, but here are a few extracts from that thread in answer to "what are the graphics like?":

Well, you can adjust the video (in game) to either fill your wide screen TV or have it at standard 4.3. You get borders with graphics to do with the game in 4.3 mode.
You can also togle a smooth mode in the video menu to give it a more HD looking feel, but you loose some detail when you do this.

All the games still look good though on my 42" TV:smashin:
Pretty horrendous really...
I think they look pretty good for games that are over 20 years old

lee667

i would also like to add that if you are playing on a plasma that the games don't fill the entire screen and the black border that goes round tends to burn into the screen, more so than normal tv. I played columns for about 20 minutes and the image burn took an age to disappear.

finalfightguy

i would also like to add that if you are playing on a plasma that the games don't fill the entire screen and the black border that goes round tends to burn into the screen, more so than normal tv. I played columns for about 20 minutes and the image burn took an age to disappear.
Can't you expand the picture in-game to fill the screen? Works fine on LCDs and strange to think it wouldn't work on a plasma.