Sega GT 2002 - XBOX

S

spikeyboyo

Anyone else finished this game - main racing ? all the way through all races twice. SS lincense.

What car did you find best ? i ended up going witht the Ford GT Concept - fully tuned up with 736 HP.

Only problem is i still get beaten on the drag races in the event race section - damn super 7 always does me - and im getting sub 9 secs for the qtr mile.

Ive tried the Dodge Viper and super 7 fully tuned but they crap compared to the GT Concept.

Just wondred what other cars people have tried.

I basically went with the Fiat to start - then went with the Mitibushi Evo 7 - fully tuned - until that could no longer compete - then went with the Ford GT Concept.

Still got the old car section to have fun with.

Spike

i have to say after just buying an xbox an loving racing games i was not looking forward to sega gt2002 especially after playing sega gt on the dreamcast.the dreamcast version was shocking the cars handled like they where on sponge an seemed to float an not sit on the ground.how surprised i was to find a gt3 beater on my new console its SUPERB i love the game its addictive as hell an i hardly payed the other games.i got the splinter cell pack by the way an i cant believe the fact MS can be practically giving away these games if i never get another game i will be very very happy with what i have.also does anyone have a comparison of project gotham an segat gt2002 for me cause i am desperate to play PGR after seeing the video of it :D

Respectamonkeee - there r only a couple of cars u can buy at the start - i went with the Fiat - does ok - then bought a Evo 7.

Spike

I went for fiat, got myself enough money for a new shape Integra type R, and am currently fully kitting up an S2000.

(yes, I am a honda fanboy),

I can see the evo being a good buy -

so - did you spend more time on official races or event races?

Yep a fully (well round one of the official race upgrades) tuned evo 7 with 450 HP kept me going for a while.

Then i went straight to the Ford GT Concept.

Spent most of my time in the Event races getting enough money to upgrade and buy the Ford GT. Found that as you do higher licenses that the other cars become faster as well - so you have to judge it right - else you find your car even fully tuned isnt fast enough.

Basically what i did to get money was either an event race on the bowl - nice and easy and always won with no damage to car so you get a cash bonus for that, if there was no bowl trak i would do drag race then see if the bowl track was up, if not another drag race etc etc etc etc. Best gearing for the drag racing is the high gear.

Once you finish round 1 of the official race you get a nice new Dodge Viper and $150,000 then you can do all the races again on SS license plus you get a few more upgrade options (super race tires, further weight reduction, original tuned suspention and race intercooler).

Sad thing is even on a fully tune Ford GT on SS license i still get beaten by the second to last car in drag race now :(

Oh one other thing is i turn the turbo boost right up for more power - just remeber to check your car for wear and do an everhaul around every third race.

Spike

excellent game

upgraded to a evo 7 did it up then won a charger my word it is fast

however i went to sell the evo 7 and it came up with a price of 14000???

as it cost over 30k and i must have spent almost that doing it up

how much do you think i could get for it?

I'm actually finding the charger difficult to handle and i am considering reverting back to the evo 7 for races. What so you think?

Do the event races change depending upon the car you are driving?

Only problem is i still get beaten on the drag races in the event race section - damn super 7 always does me - and im getting sub 9 secs for the qtr mile.

i won the charger by winning 4 drag races in the evo 7 so will this get more difficult the more times i win 4 drag races or is it completely dependent upon the car you are driving

All the races get harder as you go up in lincenses - in my drag races i have to do around 8 - 10 races (cant remeber the exact number)

My suggestion would be not to sell the evo - you dont get back anywhere near the amount you have spent on it - just do event races untill you have enough money for the Ford GT concept (USD 150,000) then tune that up - its quicker then anything else i have tried.

Spike

cheers

After many more hours I own a Ford GT, how fast? I won a tivo or something like that and sold it for almost 400k !!!??

Great game can not believe it was free

Originally posted by spikeyboyo

Spike

don't know if you knew this but....

Nitrous Oxide
Part To obtain nitrous for the drag race you must be on a day ending
in a 6 (26, 86, 236, etc). You must first lose a drag race at least one
day before the day ending in a "6", or up to 3 days in advance (ends in "3").
Once you have lost, and it is a day ending in a "6", go to the used parts shop
and the part will be all the way to the right under the "???". The part costs
$198

any use?

Anyone got any good sites with guides for this game.

Still on my Peugeot (first car) and am getting a little irritated at winning races and having to spend most of the money on having the brakes / susp / engine repaired and then new tyres.

Managed to buy a turbo and a mufflier (used) and they both broke in the first race I tried after I got them.

I also do not seem to be able to sell the Cozmo Sport (although it may just be me as it is the first car I have tried to sell).

Just need some hints and tips on the different tracks, what levels you should look at trying them (ie. min spec car and tune). I tried the hot hatch and was left for dust.

The manual has no information on gameplay (in 15 or so languages) at all with the JSRF & GT2002 Xbox deal.

Cheers
RB

I think it is a great game

try this site for some tips

http://www.gamefaqs.com/

just type in sega gt in the search box

personally i found Spike's tip of earning money in the events section very useful

I generally increased the initial sale price by about 15k they all seem to sell quite easily after a day or so

A small tip though, before selling hold down the left trigger to see what events they can enter, you might have the best car for the job. So complete the events before selling

don't know if you knew this but....

Nope i didnt know that - it may be of great use - ive heard there are some other upgrades that you can get that i havent got yet by doing certian special events - so will go over and look at that webby now.

The game does take a while to get enough money - but once you get rolling its a great game - so do perciever. It does sound like you have been a bit unlucky witht the spare parts though - mine normally lasted at least 5 - 10 races, one part lasted for ever and id forgoten i had a spare part till it broke - it lasted that long.

One other thing is if you have a turbo car - set the turbo at maximum boost - has a big effect on your speed and acceleration and doesnt increase engine wear that much.

Spike

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom