1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seen this?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Anastrophe, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Anastrophe

Anastrophe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek:
    http://news.uns.purdue.edu/hp/Bertoline.Thomson.html

extract...

The prototype uses four separate projectors to display a single image onto the large screen. Innovative software allows the four separate projections to be blended together so that no seams are seen between adjacent segments, joining the four images into a single picture with higher resolution than regular television sets. Other large-screen displays use separate tile-like segments to create one image, but the boundaries between each tile can clearly be seen.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Soft end blending of images has been going on for years.
    It is yet another area where CRT excels over its lamped rivals.

If you look closely at the image you will see where the overlays don't quite match, so although the blend is acceptable the stitch certainly isn't.

Interesting that they only quote resolution higher than standard TV but don't give an actual resoloution.

3. Anastrophe

Anastrophe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    true, I read this on /. and rahter than look like I know what I'm talking about here, i'll quote from the site..

http://dynamo.ecn.purdue.edu/~ace/delp-pub.html#VidSecure