• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

seen on a sign near me .....

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
first one was on a van -- all our vehicles are gprs tracked for accountability .....

second one was on a banner outside a car accessory shop -- matts and wheeltrims fitted free .....

you would have thought a signwriter would be able to spell :rotfl:

Last edited:

Graham27

Distinguished Member
first one was on a van -- all our vehicles are gprs tracked for accountability .....

second one was on a banner outside a car accessory shops -- matts and wheeltrims fitted free .....

you would have thought a signwriter would be able to spell :rotfl:
It's late and there's been booze, but I'm not sure what's wrong with the first one? Probably something obvious which I'll wake up (with a headache) and see! :D It's not GPRS tracking, is it? That's correct :) And you have a typo in the second one ;)

Rog69

Distinguished Member
There was a local hotel near me that had a big banner sign made up after they had a big refurb done advertising that all rooms were now "On sweet" :facepalm:

balidey

Distinguished Member
Sign near me is....
No parking accept on business

pandemic

Prominent Member

Interesting one that, because in a sense it is 'half' correct. They use both GPS and GPRS, basically the tracking unit has a GPS which polls and records the location and then at some point in the day with send the data back to 'base' via GPRS data connection.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
The GPS/GPRS should have been in upper case though.

mikelj

Prominent Member
A few years ago, I snapped a photo of a newsboard for the local Wigan Evening Post with the headline 'Wigan fat birds problem'.

gibbsy

On a newsagents boards opposite where I was working from the South Wales Echo.

First board: 50 colliery jobs to be axed.
Second board: Police seek mad axeman.

Just wish I had had a camera, but it was 46 years ago.

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
A friend of mine arranged for a company to apply graphics to 3 new vans he had purchased.

When they arrived he looked at their company van, half the decals had peeled off, the telephone number was crooked and he noticed when they opened the door, half the stickers moved :laugh: He sent them on their way:rotfl:

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
There used to be a house in Castlebar Road, Ealing with a glass window above the door. A signwriter was called in to paint the number in words. Posh *******! Until he spelt it as 'Fourty'...whatever the exact number was.
Funnily enough, it stayed up like that for years, so perhaps they meant to wind everyone up.
Can't see it on Goole Streetview, but it was a long time ago.

aVdub

Banned
Might be the info that's been supplied to the printers/sign writers.
Customer is 100% sure that is what they want......

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
aVdub said:

Some sign writers just don't engage their brains. I saw a trophy at a small tournament once that said '2nd place and so on'. It turned out the guy ordering them had said 'and so on' after reading out a list of the required trophies, thinking the guy got the gist of it. But no :)

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Graham27 said:
I saw that, I meant you made a typo while you were crticising the signwriter ;)

Fair play kidda , I was at work and couldn't alter the post :( , I think people are getting the idea of the thread though :)

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Interesting one that, because in a sense it is 'half' correct. They use both GPS and GPRS, basically the tracking unit has a GPS which polls and records the location and then at some point in the day with send the data back to 'base' via GPRS data connection.

fair play , didnt know that :smashin:

I saw that, I meant you made a typo while you were crticising the signwriter ;)

sorted my post , thankyou :)

customer is always right :suicide:

Some sign writers just don't engage their brains. I saw a trophy at a small tournament once that said '2nd place and so on'. It turned out the guy ordering them had said 'and so on' after reading out a list of the required trophies, thinking the guy got the gist of it. But no :)

class :facepalm:

Fair play kidda , I was at work and couldn't alter the post :( , I think people are getting the idea of the thread though :)

post altered :hiya:

mjn

Distinguished Member
Outside a pub near Kings Cross Station i saw "meat, potatoes, veg and grayve"

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
When I was on holiday recently in the Lake District outside a pub there was a sign saying 'Sunday Lunch £7.95' then underneath it said 'only on Sundays'

aVdub

Banned
When I was on holiday recently in the Lake District outside a pub there was a sign saying 'Sunday Lunch £7.95' then underneath it said 'only on Sundays'

That's a classic. "We have been asked this so many times now that it is geting silly and we could do without it"

Spudhead

Established Member
Whilst it didn't have a spelling mistake, best sign Ive seen in a longtime was outside a church on the billboard near my local Uni.

"When Jesus said 'follow me'. He did not mean on Twitter"

Haha! I really wanted to snap a picture but there was copper sat at the lights behind me so couldn't use my phone.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom