Seems I've upset Jalopticles - the God of cars

shodan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For crying out loud, give me a fricking break! Since the middle of September..

Power Steering on the X3 packed up. A high pressure, return hose failed. This is not a standard hose and is only made by BMW for about £400. Except there was none in the UK and none in Germany because we BMW said, they don't fail. They said I would have to wait for them to fabricate one... (Got it repaired by a place that does hoses for tractors and heavy plant).

X3 MOT (can't be helped) and need new brake pads

Puncture in front near side tyre

The missus Nissan Juke :
2 new front tires for MOT
3 Weeks later she drove over a screw about the same size as the iceberg that sunk the Titanic...

And today, turns out my alternator has packed up, dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree then the battery died, deader than disco so the car is back in the garage.
Oh and the windscreen washer tank has a leak....

I've asked the garage to do me some sort of loyalty scheme....

Cars, man! Effing cars!

I've got a Y Reg Ford Granada in the garage. Maybe I should just use that as a daily driver. It shouldn't break and even if it does at least it is a piece of cake to fix.

Price from BMW for an alternator... £640 Inc VAT.
It seems to be the same model they used on the Apollo 13..... ***, it's a flipping alternator!!!
I think this will be my last BMW, unless I won big on the lottery and do can afford to keep one on the road...

She's 11 years old.
Previously owned by a doctor and it seems that he averaged 7000 miles a year (3.0d) and he had it service religiously.
I've done about 40,000 Miles in about 15 months so given the age and the use, I'm not surprised things have started to wear...

To be honest it sounds like you have had a good run with her. I have seen some good valued older BMW’s but always have the fear it will cost me in the long run

Fortunately my garage is awesome and have saved me ££££s compared to BMW so really I'm just griping about the frequency of the problems. As I left the garage today after collecting the car, one of the tech's called out "See you next week"!
Still, if it carries on at this rate, I reckon I'll have a new car by Easter alà Triggers Broom..

147k on my 335d, original turbos, battery, water pump, power steering pump, thermostats, etc :D

Only repairs are red boost hose, glow plugs and controller and MAF sensor.

I bought at 69k miles in March 2015 on a 61 plate.

Fortunately my garage is awesome and have saved me ££££s compared to BMW so really I'm just griping about the frequency of the problems. As I left the garage today after collecting the car, one of the tech's called out "See you next week"!
Still, if it carries on at this rate, I reckon I'll have a new car by Easter alà Triggers Broom..

I feel your pain, I've spent a small fortune on cars. My BMW was in and out of the workshop having most of the suspension replaced to find a knocking noise. When that was finally fixed, the DPF started to play up!
Sold it and bought an Audi......then had to do the same with that! Bloody potholes. That's now up for sale and our new car....that's got an engine management light come on within 100 miles of driving it away

My motorbike has also developed an electrical issue.

If anyone is interested in a lovely 2010 Audi S4 Avant, then let me know, it really is a lovely car

Attachments

• IMG_20181013_163225.jpg
    IMG_20181013_163225.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 81
147k on my 335d, original turbos, battery, water pump, power steering pump, thermostats, etc :D

Only repairs are red boost hose, glow plugs and controller and MAF sensor.

I bought at 69k miles in March 2015 on a 61 plate.
I hate you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom