Oppo BDP-93 (blue ray player)
B&W Nautilus 803 (main speakers)
B&W HTM2 (center)
B&W ASW 675 (sub)
Mirage Omnisat (rear speakers)
Boston Voyager Pro (outdoor speakers)
CI Audio VHP-2 (headphone app)
Sennheiser HD 650 (headphones)
Panasonic TH-50PZ800u (TV with HDMI 1.3)

I listen to music a lot and currently access Spotify and also use the surround sound for movies. I want to upgrade the quality of music and thinking about a high-res streaming service. What is the best way to improve my system and can I continue to utilize selected components? I started thinking about a Node 2.1, then thought maybe I should look at a new receiver like the NAD T778 or Marantz SR7015. All music is played in one room, with the exception of a couple of outdoor speakers. Lastly, I was thinking about a new TV with 8K capability. Any input is appreciated.

I can't see any way to improve the sound without spending significantly as prices are a lot more due to inflation from 17 years ago.. Do you have a budget?

Perhaps upgrade the TV and/or reciever and/or add a projector.

You are probably correct. Budgeting up to $4,000 for the receiver and have not yet dug into the TV. Any thoughts about the two receivers I am looking at? Would it be practical to get a TV that is 8k compatible, even though there is no content out yet for this.

I can't see any way to improve the sound without spending significantly as prices are a lot more due to inflation from 17 years ago.. Do you have a budget?

Perhaps upgrade the TV and/or receiver and/or add a projector.
You are probably correct. Budgeting up to $4,000 for the receiver and have not yet dug into the TV. Any thoughts about the two receivers I am looking at? Would it be practical to get a TV that is 8k compatible, even though there is no content out yet for this.

The prices of the latest large 8k TVs are relatively expensive so I would probably wait or get 4k.

Those receivers are expensive.

Wrong forum really, buy hey ho.

Audio side of things you're well and truly sorted, but your AV gear is largely outdated, thus your money needs to go there.

4k telly (forget 8k, it's pointless)
4k reciever
4 disc spinner

Doable for 5k

The receiver won't be Sunfire quailty, but it's an upgrade in features. If you're running those 803s off the Sunfire for music then a dedicated stereo amp may well be on the buy list too.

Alternatively, if your current avr has analogue 5.1 inputs, you can use it as a power amp and buy a processor or avr with preouts. You'll get the best of both worlds if you have space for another unit. Allowing you to keep the sound quality and add 4k and more up to date features.

Alternatively, if your current avr has analogue 5.1 inputs, you can use it as a power amp and buy a processor or avr with preouts. You'll get the best of both worlds if you have space for another unit. Allowing you to keep the sound quality and add 4k and more up to date features.
This is a unique approach. The Sunfire has the power to run the system. Any recommendations for a processor with adequate pre-outs?

Ill let someone else give suggestions as i dont know much about the latest processors.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom