Seeking the simplest soundbar operation

AlanX

I want to add a soundbar to our lounge TV (Samsung 55H7000). This is for my other half to operate, and she hates complexity. So is there a low-cost soundbar that I can hook up that will switch on/off when the TV is switched on/off (so just using the TV's remote on/off without switching device control), and similarly control the soundbar volume through the TV remote as if it were the TV's own speakers? Would it have to be a Samsung soundbar to work like this with the Samsung TV?
There seem to be so many ways of connecting soundbars that I'd be sure to get something that didn't do what I wanted! Thanks.

keithwiggins

Hdmi is the easiest soultion, then when you operate the tv , eg turn it on the soundbar will power up and the tvs volume controls will operate the soundbar, as to which one, how much do you want to spend? prices from 150 to 2300.

AlanX

Many thanks. So I guess this is 'source to soundbar via HDMI', and then 'soundbar to TV, via HDMI'?
If the TV is turned off, but the source is left on (a Humax in this case), would the soundbar still turn off, or does the source have to 'die' for this to happen?
Budget at the bottom end of that range.
You'll gather I'm a complete dummy when it comes to soundbars!

keithwiggins

you connect all sources to the tv, one of the tvs outputs will be arc, this goes to the soundbar, the tv acts as the hub, once soundbar is connected to the tv via arc hdmi, it behaves as per the tvs integrated speakers.
So tv remote controls volume you hear ( which will come from soundbar) and when tv turns off so does the soundbar. take a look at the JBL Bar 2.

AlanX

Many thanks for taking your time on this for me - you've really put me straight on this. Will look at the JBL.
Great place this forum, thanks to folk like you!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom