1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking Sennheiser advice

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by martin daly, Jun 15, 2005.

1. martin daly

martin daly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying Sennheiser cordless headphones primarily for watching TV and listing to my IPod.
    Reviews have turned me against the Sennheiser RS85. I am now trying to decide between the RS140 and the less expensive RS130 but can find no reviews. Can anybody help with opinions or referral to reviews.
    Martin

2. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    Are you absolutely sure you want cordless? Corded 'phones (of any make) are almost always much better value than cordless equivalents.

3. sound_05

sound_05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also heard about the reviews on the RS 85's. This is because of the weak joints, joining the headband and the ear cup. The RS 140's, 130's, 120's and 110's are a new design and are alot more rugged.
    You will never get the same quality as with a good pair of wired headphones but be assured if your going to buy a pair of headphones the RS 130 (open-backed with surround sound) and the RS 140's (closed back with independant left and right volume controls) are the ones to go for.