Seeking info for suitable amplifier

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Axe.Grinder, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Axe.Grinder

Axe.Grinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there...

I lived overseas for many years and have been away from HiFi for all that time...I have been back "home" now for a couple of years, and now that I bought a house, it's time to start a system again....

Recently, I purchased a LG DR7400 dvd recorder which includes DTS and Dolby Digital outputs (I have been out of things so long, that I am not really familiar with tese terms and what they mean, other than they are digital outputs).

To begin a system, I am going to purchase an integrated amp...but am not too sure about the DTS/dolby etc...

The Amps I am considering are along the lines of a NAD c350

Is this a suitable item, when hooked up with a good pair of speakers, probably B&W which I have owned and loved before (I am not interested in 3.1, 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound, stereo is all I want)?

Can an amp like this handle the signals fom the DVD player (which will be used as much as a CD player, for now?

Or do I need to get something like a Yamaha DSP system?

At some stage I may like to hook up my PC, which I also use to play CD's/mp3's etc...

Any info would be very gratefully received.

Kindest regards,

AXE