Seeking Camcorder with external Microphone slot

Lozza1234

Standard Member
I am looking to buy a Camcorder. I have 500GBP approx. I really want a camera which allows the use of external wireless microphones. I've had a look through JVC, Canon, and Panasonic websites but very few seem to enable external mics. The ones that do seem to be in the 700+GBP category

Any directions towards a great HD or SD camera in the current market would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Stanman

The Canon HF200 has a shoe for external mic and its £399 on Ebay or £470+ from UK stockist.

Lozza1234

Standard Member
Great, thanks. There seems to be a few people having problems importing files from this camera but it seems fine when using Imovie. 399 on Ebay is super cheap. I presume they are importing from US where this camera is much cheaper?

JimBob1971

Hi,

I'm selling the Panasonic TM300 which I'm selling on here for about that price, subject to offers. Tis the UK model, PAL, not NTSC like a lot of EBay jobs. You can pick up cheap NTSC cameras but it could cause grief depending on what you plan to do with it.

Other than the TM300, I believe the Canon HFS100 can do this and is going cheap at the moment, thought you'll have to buy memory on top.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom