Seeking advice on purchasing a QN94A

Goro Majima Chan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking for some advice as I am in the process of purchasing a QN94A 65".

It is currently on order with Samsung, yet to be delivered. I have been reading of a lot of people with issues with these TV's, which has got me a little worried and considering cancelling. For those that have had it or got it recently, how has your experience been. Did you have many dead pixel issues, or issues with drop out etc.

I also saw some people reporting their TVs arriving with a yellow sticker on the screen, which apparently shouldnt be a thing for new TVs, and Samsung potentially sending out refurbed/defective units to people purchasing from portal sites on Samsung. Does anyone have any insight or experience with this. Anyone who bought from a work or student portal?

Thank you.

wht kind of yellow sticker ? What's wriiten on it ?? From which country are these put together.. Our q95a is from hungary as is written on the box.. We had a white small sticker on the protection layer.

wht kind of yellow sticker ? What's wriiten on it ?? From which country are these put together.. Our q95a is from hungary as is written on the box.. We had a white small sticker on the protection layer.
Something like this:

1638972163058.png

Did you receive this tv yourself now ?
If so,.. We had a white sticker at the same spot. My brother had watched multiple unboxing video's and he'd seen that people could get the white plastic small (thicker) boards from the left and right side and/or they could fetch the protection plastic layer from the tv. And we didn't have a tip to grap in the corner. And we got the thicker boards from the side and were confused if this was it.. We even saw a lot of fingerprints under the boards at the side on the tv "screen".. So we thougth we had a refurbished tv.. But after taking picture and talking to the salesman, he insisted that there would be a protection layer on the tv.
SO my brother took some tape and put that in one corner above. and he could peal a layer off.. So,.. try that..
I can see that the tv is reflective.. So, try it..

Did you receive this tv yourself now ?
If so,.. We had a white sticker at the same spot. My brother had watched multiple unboxing video's and he'd seen that people could get the white plastic small (thicker) boards from the left and right side and/or they could fetch the protection plastic layer from the tv. And we didn't have a tip to grap in the corner. And we got the thicker boards from the side and were confused if this was it.. We even saw a lot of fingerprints under the boards at the side on the tv "screen".. So we thougth we had a refurbished tv.. But after taking picture and talking to the salesman, he insisted that there would be a protection layer on the tv.
SO my brother took some tape and put that in one corner above. and he could peal a layer off.. So,.. try that..
I can see that the tv is reflective.. So, try it..
Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I haven't yet received my TV, this was something I had been seeing elsewhere and was worried, my TV will hopefully arrive soon.

How have you been enjoying your TV, the picture quality, for gaming and movies etc?

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I haven't yet received my TV, this was something I had been seeing elsewhere and was worried, my TV will hopefully arrive soon.

How have you been enjoying your TV, the picture quality, for gaming and movies etc?
It's my brother's tv.. I've been doing some settings.. I'm used to my philips oled.. in 55 inch. My brother has his samsung q95a in 65 inch,.. coming form a 2016 curved samsung ks 9500 (?).

He has satellite tv and I have cabel. I'd seen 3 sasmung q93/95 tv's in store's and one qn93 at my neigbour. I found my oled having the best image for sdr cable tv.. But in the shops I could not change the settings.. And even my neighbour wouldn't let me... My tv had better faces in colour and detail.
But anyway I advised my brother to buy the samsung q95a thinking it would be better at home... For his convenience. He doesn't play games. Just cable tv.

The tv comes in intelligent mode for picture and sound.. You should immediately switch these off, for image.... ! It's terrible.. It's just dynamic mode.. blown out..

If you switch it off.. you can go to standard mode for cable tv.. And set colour to warmt 1 or 2 ! The tv does a very good job with 1080i content on 65 inch. Even better than on a 32 inch tv my mother watches.. That's a big plus... HDR on Youtube was a really big difference than on oled.. No comparison in brightness.. I would dim it down because.. You would think the screen wil %$#.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom