Seeking advice for AVR to replace failing home theatre system

NJFow

Novice Member
Reaction score
Firstly, I hope I'm posting this in the right place - apologies if not.

For a number of years I've been happy with the surround sound experience I've had from a Panasonic SA-BT230 Blu-Ray 5.1 home theatre system. I've recently purchased a Panasonic HZ1000 OLED TV and everything was great until the amp/player unit of the sound system started to fail.

As all the speakers are wired in neatly around the room ( and I've been happy with the performance/quality of the output, I'm wondering if I could purchase a new AVR that would work with those to avoid the expense of new speakers. I've looked online for new packaged systems but the range seems far more limited than when I made the original purchase and none seem that great. Also, that would still require rewiring. I'm not too bothered about losing the Blu-Ray player element as I can use the Xbox for that.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to matching AVRs with speakers (ohms, watts etc.) which is why I had a packaged system in the first place. My hope is that some bright spark reading this will be able to advise on a suitable AVR that will at least equal the performance quality I've been used to but won't cost the earth bearing in mind it's just an averaged size lounge and not a full cinema setup!

If it helps, I believe the speaker specs are:

Surround RMS Power Total Power: 1000 Watts

Front: 125 Watts x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Center: 250 Watts (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
Surround: 125 Watts x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 250 Watts (100Hz, 6ohms, 10% THD)

Thanks in advance!

@NJFow I am going to move your thread to what will hopefully be a better area for getting answers to your questions.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom