Seeking advice for AVR to replace failing home theatre system

NJFow

Novice Member
Firstly, I hope I'm posting this in the right place - apologies if not.

For a number of years I've been happy with the surround sound experience I've had from a Panasonic SA-BT230 Blu-Ray 5.1 home theatre system. I've recently purchased a Panasonic HZ1000 OLED TV and everything was great until the amp/player unit of the sound system started to fail.

As all the speakers are wired in neatly around the room ( and I've been happy with the performance/quality of the output, I'm wondering if I could purchase a new AVR that would work with those to avoid the expense of new speakers. I've looked online for new packaged systems but the range seems far more limited than when I made the original purchase and none seem that great. Also, that would still require rewiring. I'm not too bothered about losing the Blu-Ray player element as I can use the Xbox for that.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to matching AVRs with speakers (ohms, watts etc.) which is why I had a packaged system in the first place. My hope is that some bright spark reading this will be able to advise on a suitable AVR that will at least equal the performance quality I've been used to but won't cost the earth bearing in mind it's just an averaged size lounge and not a full cinema setup!

If it helps, I believe the speaker specs are:

Surround RMS Power Total Power: 1000 Watts

Front: 125 Watts x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Center: 250 Watts (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)
Surround: 125 Watts x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 250 Watts (100Hz, 6ohms, 10% THD)

Thanks in advance!

MarkE19

@NJFow I am going to move your thread to what will hopefully be a better area for getting answers to your questions.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom