1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeing two inputs on PWD7 scart board

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Zooty, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Zooty

Zooty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a PWD7 with a scart board in slot 1 and the dual component/svid/composite board in slots 2 & 3. I have a Pana DMR-HS2 DVR connected to the scart board (RGB).

When the HS2 is in timer mode (which it is most of the time) I see two "Input 1"s; i.e. when I cycle through the inputs, "Input 1" appears twice. If the unit is on then the first Input 1 shows the correct grey and orange timer standby sceen, and the second Input 1 shows a B&W version. I may be completely off the mark, but I'm guessing the HS2 is outputting an Svideo or composite signal as well. If the HS2 is outputting anything other than this standby screen then there is only one "Input 1" on the panel.

This has been a minor annoyance so far, but I've just purchased a Harmony H655 (to make my life easier!) and the acitivity buttons are fairly useless as sometimes there are four inputs to cycle through, and sometimes five.

So....

1) Is it possible to get the PWD7 to ignore this extra signal?
    2) Is it possible to get the HS2 to not output this signal?
    3) Would an RGB only scart cable solve the problem? I don't really want to replace recently purchased fully wired cables though
    4) Are there discreet codes to get the panel to switch to a particular input? This would be my preferred solution and would make life a lot easier with the Harmony.

Cheers,
    Zooty

PS Thanks to the forum in general and those extra helpful posters in particular for all the advice I've gleaned from this board over the last year or so which has helped with plasma purchase and installation.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    RGB scart is RGB + sync sync is actually compsite video so on an RGB scart you will get RGB signal and composite signal a JS RGB>VGA box would do the trick....

3. Zooty

Zooty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Hornydragon. I thought that might be a solution, but it's rather more than I care to spend at the moment as I'm still paying for the kit.

What I don't understand is why do I not see this extra input all of the time? I only see one "Input 1" when the HS2 is outputting a picture from HDD/DVD/tuner. The extra input is only visible when the standy screen is displayed. I could live with it if it was there all the time - just a case of telling the Harmony it has an extra input to cycle through.

Zooty