Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Seeing as Yamada sponsor this section...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by micol, Dec 5, 2004.

1. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I thought I would just say that I am very impressed with the Yamada 6600 player I have. It plays just about every kind of disk you can throw at it, especially DivX & XviD (the reason I bought one). Picture quality is very good and at about £60-70 quid you can't go wrong!

2. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    yes, except that all the problems with this model that they promised would be fixed via updates for the software never appeared. instead they put all the fixes in the new 6700 model. so if you don't mind butyng a new divx dvd player every 6 months, then you should be ok. :devil:

3. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Really! Mind you, I have not really had any problems playing Mpeg-4 movies etc. Any that have not worked (2 or 3 so far) I just convert to DVD and watch them that way. For the money, I'm very satisfied. If the player was say £200, then yes, I would be [word removed] off.

4. Colonel Burton

Colonel Burton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I too was going to buy this player until i found out it didn't have component output and also after reading a review (what hifi/cinema or something like that) about how poor the sound was is the sound as bad as they made out?

5. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Don't forget the new Yamada has just come out - The 6700. Available from ebuyer for £50.

I've ordered 2, but ebuyer sent me 2 Umax/Yamada 4600 scanners instead. doh!

It supports ogg, and embedded subtitles thingies?! Basically a 6600 with more memory (RAM I think)

Check out http://www.my-yamada.co.uk/ for more info.

6. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The 6600 does not have component. If you want this then the Pioneer 475A is a very good buy! It is a DivX player, has progressive scan and also plays DVD-Audio & SACD. You can get one for about £120