Seeing analogue TV through Sony RDR-HDX910 DVD/Freeview recorder

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by judgenutmeg, Mar 19, 2006.

1. judgenutmeg

judgenutmeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I work in a hotel and we want to add a DVD player and freeview system into our boardroom. At the moment we have a projector which will accept component and svideo but we may upgrade to a plasma or better quality projector that will accept an HDMI cable.

With that in mind I have looked around and picked the Sony RDR-HDX910 as a neat single box future proof bit of kit. It would give us HDMI output when we upgrade as well as digital TV and recording capabilities in one box

At the hotel we distribute Sky through at them moment through the TV aerial that goes to each room. I don't understand the technicalities but I think that each of our 16 boxes uses a normal, non digitial, TV channel to carry the signal.

I know that the Sony box has a freeview tuner in it but I am not sure if that means we will be able to see the Sky channels if they are on normal (i.e. non digital) TV? I know I need a TV tuner somewhere in the loop becuase the projector does not have one but will I be able to see non digital channels?

Sorry if I am not making a lot of sense but I am no expert on this (as I expect you can tell)!

Many thanks

j

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,570
    You would need an analogue tuner to access these Sky channels.
    You won't be able to tune them on the DVDR if it only has a Digital tuner.
    What you could do is add any old VCR to your setup, tune it to the Satt channels and feed the composite video out to an input on the DVDR.