SEE (Apple+) Final Season 3

Just watched the first four episodes, I’m blown away, I think it’s a stunning show, great premise executed brilliantly & it looks absolutely gorgeous, Mamoa is a proper dude, love him.
Hoeks is mesmerising as always but I feel she is getting typecast as the psychopath but in fairness no one plays it quite like her.
Can’t wait for the last four, shame it’s weekly ‘cause this is really binge-able.
Agree with all of this! Looking forward to the next episode, love the premise

#5 Plastic

Another good episode, though mostly samey

Jerlameral has been putting it around

The queen went crazy;

best line - I need oil for my ass, and a maid to apply it.

I love Baba Voss's Sword slices around necks

Wow the The Tottenham Hotspurs ending, :eek: was that lineage real or the parting get out of jail gift from Jerlameral in play i think?

This series has really taken me by surprise, it’s totally up my street.
there’s a bit of a Horizon Zero Dawn feel to the lore of the show & I'm digging it.
It’s also brutal when it needs to be & it’s definitely the best looking show I’ve seen in a while.
“I need to pray”

Did not see that ending coming in episode 5

So the kids are royalty, must mean something going forwards

Last edited:
Am really enjoying this now. Started a bit slow for me, but episodes 4 & 5 were great. Loved the catching up with his slaver mates! :thumbsup:

Will watch episode 6 tomorrow hopefully.

#6; Trust No One

Excellent episode

damn puss in boots

Baba would destroy John Wick in a hand to hand
mouth snap :eek:

#7 The Lavender Road

The best moments were with the nutty Queen, who's reign is questioned. All she need is a hot bath and hot prayer time.
The kids and co. scenes were not as good, but kids are a step closer to Jarlameral. This reunion may lead into world building and more characters for S2, i hope.

I’m still very much enjoying this series but it has gone off the boil a little compared to the first half.
I think there’s only 1 more episode left & it’s been renewed for a second series.

Thought I'd check out the first episode after reading about the antagonist's unusual form of divination, the fact that Steven Knight is involved (Dirty Pretty Things, Eastern Promises, etc), and the central concept of the human race losing their sense of sight. I enjoyed Perfect Sense with Ewan McGregor which shares a similar conceit about society crumbling after our senses disappear.

Was wavering on whether I was enjoying it or not until after the battle when the story opened out thanks to the introduction of the Queen, her minions and the revelation about certain mysterious characters and a promise of change worth fighting for.

Hopefully, this story of exodus delivers on the promise it establishes in the first episode. I'm a sucker for stories like this, i.e. mankind in peril, a group of survivors fleeing for their lives in search of something profound and transformative, e.g. Battlestar Galactica.

Some of the photography was gorgeous. Liked the attention to detail in the world too, e.g. if you're blind how do you acquire and maintain authority over your subjects. Well, your primary tool of projecting soft power becomes your voice so it'd better be a strong one. Momoa's character has that quality, shame the Queen's isn't as dominant or strange (see or hear Cate Blanchett in the Elizabeth films for an example of a commanding voice).

Going to keep watching.

Last edited:
# 8 House of Enlightenment (Season 1 Finalé)

The grass is not always greener on the other side, as the twins found out in a packed episode.

Up to episode 7 (The Lavender Road) and although the pace has slowed down since its frenetic opening the story still intrigues and entertains.

I was relieved to see the Witchfinder
questioning Kane's right to rule after she obliterated the lives and homes of the men who have waged war in her name for 20 years. Unless she has supernatural powers there is no way she can maintain her grip on power now. I presume Maghera will take the reins which will lead to conflict with her children and Baba Voss further down the road.

Where she derived her power had been bothering me from the start. Yeah, she had dominion over the dam and its crumbling machinery but you'd expect stronger men to take it from her by force after her father died. Wonder how she commanded their loyalty?

Very surprising show. Violent, mysterious, imaginative, and beautifully shot too. Looking forward to the S1 finale.

Very good introduction for a new series and setup now for a second season. Apple have done well with this.

very good finale a brilliant debut season. I hope s2 is greenlit, i heard it may have been prior to S1 release?

very good finale a brilliant debut season. I hope s2 is greenlit, i heard it may have been prior to S1 release?

Yup, all of the Apple TV+ flagship shows have been greenlit for a second season, and this was thankfully one of them.

Brilliant series.
The witchfinder is awesome

Still only got around to watching the first 1 1/2 eps. Must go back and give it another go.

Duncan MacLeod you say

giphy (1).gif

Finally got round to watching this, 3 episodes so far and enjoying it. Looking forward to watching the rest. Any ideas when Season 2 will air?

Finally got round to watching this, 3 episodes so far and enjoying it. Looking forward to watching the rest. Any ideas when Season 2 will air?
Pandemic shut down and delayed filming in early 2020, think it finished this month, so early next year maybe when we'll see it. Did you ever finish The Morning show, that was excellent

Pandemic shut down and delayed filming in early 2020, think it finished this month, so early next year maybe when we'll see it. Did you ever finish The Morning show, that was excellent

Yes, watched most things on TV+ apart from Servant. Morning Show, For All Mankind, Ted Lasso and Trying have all been great.

Oh and Mythic Quest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom