• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Security Software - MacBook

mikeossy

Im very new to Macs as main computer as I do have a iPhone and iPad, after ordering my new MacBook (just the White basemodel), can someone lead me in the right direction for some good honest security software to protect my new purchase?.

Cheers.

mikeossy

Yeah ill have alook when the Mac comes but yeah i mean Anti Virus/spyware which is becoming increasingly common.

D

Deleted member 27989

As spudtator said, still not common, actually not even rare on osx. But if you want to ensure you don't pass windows stuff on Sophos is quite a decent choice. But nothing known in the wild for snow leopard.

D

Deleted member 27989

and in that category there is also the excellent little snitch.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
+1 for Sophos, I have it as a courtesy for Windows users on my home network. Very light on resources and does the job nicely, I have it running on a relatively low powered late 2009 mac mini and the mini does not suffer from any slow down.

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
On my Mac Mini I currently have Norton Internet Security 2011, Intego Virus Barrier, and Sophos...

...and only Sophos instantly alerted me to a string of dodgy email attachments that I recently received.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom